i want one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah- it's a really nice piece of work. Too bad you have to make custom motherboards and DVD-ROMs, otherwise I would build one myself. The only thing it's missing is an S-Video out to make it the perfect HTPC.

Its nice to see macintosh entering the computer consumer mainstream (at least in terms of pricing).

Did anyone else notice that that thing is about the size of a car CD player. Pimp my ride will be dropping one of these things in very soon. As for the mini mac its self, I played with one this week at the Mac World Expo Here in SF, pretty sweet machine, it does not come with a Key Board or mouse, but most people want an aftermarket mouse when they are getting a mac. In my opinion it is bringing back the cube, which I always felt was ahead of its time. The new mini mac does not have that big of a hard drive, but it has a firewire port so external storage is easy. The Mini mac could use more video ram, and a G5 processor, but that is to come. I think the price is right, it is super copetative with the low end Intel and AMD's, oh and that thing will run circles around a P4 1.6.

I was just going to say it was the perfect sized computer to add to your car.

What I don't like is there isn't a dvd burner with it. That kinda ruins the whole idea of a multimedia machine.

i agree. i love the ibook that i got. if i didn't have 3 computers already.. i would get that one. i absolutely think os x rules. windows = teH suxor

I had use of a G4 powerbook when they first came out and I did think OS X was really nice.

my step brother just got a new G5 for his wife. the thing is sweet, its just a flat screen monitor, the computer is the monitor, its crazy! only wire is hte power wire, everything else wireless :)

Back