i want to know what a jdm type R will put down

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heres a dyno for a bone stock 97 (96 spec) JDM ITR

s3eaa3a03bbfef.jpg

not bad i thought type-r should put down a little more then that though is there an average variance?

well i have a jdm type-r in my car its a 97 spec but i did get the jdm final drive and installed it in my trans im also curious about cams
i just bought some skunk2 stage 2 camms and valvetrain and i was curious what is the farthest advance retard i can do with this setup

there is no "97 spec"
there is a 96 spec (96-97) and a 98 spec (98-01)

well its a 97 motor so 96 spec lol what do you think about the cams though??? :worthy: :worthy:

no clue ... my suggestion would be to bring it to a dyno shop and have them set it where it makes the most power

yeah but i want to know what i can do without getting piston valve contact for example 4degree advance might make the most power but the valves might be wayyyyy to close to contact so you cant run that kind of advance etc i just want to know maximum safe amount of intake exhaust advance retard

When dyno tuning cams, start with very small movements. Plus or minus 1 degree.
typically you can only move a couple of degrees before the your curve gets worse.
This is assuming you start with your cams at actual TDC.
Good luck.

Back