I Want To Run 20 Psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

What are the parts needed to make my motor push 20psi easy? How much, including labor? I wan to get overbored and sleeved.

as far as I know (disclaimer) it would take an act of god if were talking b series, unless you buy the block I saw in SCC last summer. I don't remember what the company name was but they claimed they had a b series block that could handle 55psi. Never heard about it again though. :(

the new annihilator blocks form import builder are supposed to be able to hold INSANE amounts of boost.
you can always see what components theres are made of and build yours likewise.

www.importbuilder.com

Well you have an integra ls so to build that block for high boost, i'd suggest a darton semi closed deck sleeving system bored to 86mm and o-ringed, morosso dry sump oil pan, gsr oil squirters and crank girdle, eagle crank, rods and 8.5:1 je or endyne pistons with total seal rings. Further up, 2 layer copper head gasket, milled face on the head, arp head bolts, 1mm overbored stainless valves, (valve springs, retainers and cams are up to you), port matching intake and exhaust ports, JE edlebrock intake mani, 550cc injectors, mated to a Drag t3/t4 spec S 730cfm turbo kit with an apex-i gtx intercooler. MSD ignition system, 3 inch exhaust with high flow cat, and a hondata for engine management.

This setup will produce great power but wont last long, maybe 30,000 km before it needs maintenance, it will also require high octane gas, perhaps 108 octane (94 octane plus 2 bottles of octane booster) otherwise you can always lower the boost to about 6 psi and use 94 octane.

*edit* I forgot to add, 255lph fuel pump, 6an tapped hardline, high flow/high volume fuel filter, 6an stainess flex line to a high volume fuel rail
*Note* Darton claims their semi closed deck system will handle in excess of 30psi

Oh yeah, approximate cost for this setup will be about $9000 (seriously).

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Apr 20 2003, 01:22 AM
as far as I know (disclaimer) it would take an act of god if were talking b series, unless you buy the block I saw in SCC last summer. I don't remember what the company name was but they claimed they had a b series block that could handle 55psi. Never heard about it again though. :(

aebs makes T-Sleeves (decked) that handle 55psi. Johnny Tran(spl?) (Jotech Civic) uses stock block b18c5 with aebs sleeves and stock crank. they just added some rods and pistons and run around 40psi.

Back