I Want VTEC. What should i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondas_Only

He Knows NOTHING!
First of all, i want to apologize for not being a bigger contributer to this forum, but i've been whoring on so many forums that there's only so many i can keep up with.

that being said...

I just got a 87 SI and am itching to find a swap that works. (i have a feeling i'll be trolling here more often)... my last project was a DC2 with an LS/VTec that blew... then a poorman's type R swap and my Daily is an RSX type-s. Vtec is all i know.

Everyone is telling me to just get a DA1/DA3 and strip it bare and use the swap for a good power upgrade, but we all know that a D16a1 is a DOHC non-vtec motor.

so cutting to the chase... whats the most efficient DOHC vtec swap i can do for under 4k in this car? is it worth it?

Thanks for any help!

A b16a1 but youll need the integra hubs and custom driveshafts( there are some different options), yull want integra larger brakes, torsion bars, sway bars and youll need a new computer new mounts( custom or from hasport) and shift linkage will need to be cutted and fitted from an integra aswell as many other stuff. Redpepperracing is a great forum if you want to look at other people that have done this swap before.

A b16a1 but youll need the integra hubs and custom driveshafts( there are some different options), yull want integra larger brakes, torsion bars, sway bars and youll need a new computer new mounts( custom or from hasport) and shift linkage will need to be cutted and fitted from an integra aswell as many other stuff. Redpepperracing is a great forum if you want to look at other people that have done this swap before.

you make it seem like they are hard to find and hard work...:huh:

you dont need larger brakes. you dont need ''custom'' driveshafts either.

The B16 will be a good thing to start off. its cheap and there are plenty to choose from. depending on where your from you can find the axles(teggy),ecu (p28), even the rear disc brakes if you want them in a junk yard. The shift linkage i recommend finding one aftermarket if your not crafty.

buy the mounts ands linkage. you will need a conversions harness if your going with an obd1 motor. If not then you will find the pw0 ecu is cheap. just extend some wires for your vtec and knock sensor and bam!

with the obd1 setup you have to extend wires for your 4 wire o2,vtec,distributer plugs have to be either re-pinned or get a harness. might be some other things i cante remember.

Back