I want your Opinion :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fattygone

So I found this car the other day. It looks like a STEAL.
however, motor burning oil sorta made me think twice... So my
question is do you think I should really be concerned about the
oil burning (about 1qt per 3k miles) that much for a deal like this?

1990 Civic with many modifications:
124,000 miles on the body
Over $10,000 invested
approximately 65,000 miles on the engine
5 Speed Manual Trans
Engine replacement, new clutch and pressure plate.
Blitz Body kit. ($1000)
Complete New Paint Job! ($3000)
Special Civic Mid Spoiler for Rear Hatch
Engine Paint/Calipers
New Windsheild
Extremely Clean Interior
17” rims toyo tires $850 for rims + $200/ tire
Altezza tail lights $195
Halo projector headlights $250
Clear Side Marker Lights
Clear Turn Signal lights
Stainless steel custom dual exhaust with 2" Y pipes and 4.5" mufflers. Paid $500 for cstom bends to fit through the rear exit holes in the body kit
Cold Air Intake
Adjustable Suspension
Reupholstered rear seats in black suede. $250
Suede racing seats in front. $500
Infinity kappa speakers. $200
Pre wired for a system.
DVD Player, $500
2 color white face glow gauges.
7 color GlowTachometer.
Pedals,
Shift Knob
Window Tint $150
Garage Kept/ Never seen a winter
Much more.
3kb3mb3lb5O25Z55R5a8j501b3c5905f513a2.jpg

3n63p43ob5Q05T35S0a8j0b93ace62aa11a97.jpg

3p73o13l05Y15T65U6a8jcc078c1e08a51e69.jpg

3m73o23p45W35U25X0a8jdba1d4d4cad31fd2.jpg

I'D BUY IT!... for about $500, its pretty ricey, but if you like it go for it, as far as burning oil, its not a very big deal really, mine burned oil, but i switched to a heavier oil and it doesnt burn nearly as much.

the body kit needs to go the tail lights need to go or get blacked out and that stupid middle fin needs to go as well, the dual exhaust is kinda cool but it sucks your hp id take that crap off too

$1500.

there isn't anything on there that i would want. unless the interior is clean and the engine is strong, it's just another riced out mexi piece of shit. do you have the link to the ad?

No way in hell. If that car goes for 2200, then I need to re-evaluate what I consider a nice looking car.

if YOU like it, then buy it.

nobody on here really likes body kits and such. but we aren't buying it. it only depends on what you like. if you act based on opinions of a forum, then something is wrong. be your own person. if you like it, buy it. and roll that car with pride.

Yeah, my only concern is that the motor isn't in great shape if it has 65,000 miles on it but is burning oil? I wouldn't know the first thing to
do about that.. Considering I would want it to be running fine so i could take it for trips 2+ hours you know?

-Basically my concern is that he's railed on the car, and the engine isn't in good shape.. Who knows though, maybe if it's for sale long enough I could get it checked out? And if it turned out to be a minor thing I would get it...

As for now, I guess I wont really consider it.
-Thanks for your thoughts :)

honda engines are a dime a dozen.
especially if its still a dseries.

id offer him about 12 to 1500 if it were me.
you can easily get another d series for a couple hundred.

but having it checked by a trusted technician is always a fucking brilliant idea. stick with that one.

Back