I was just thinking...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok so E's shitty bike riding skills aside, what I said still makes sense. :ph34r:

in the 4 years since my accident i PERSONALLY know 17 people who have been in some type of "accident" with their bike
some were at fault some were not
some got a little skuffed up
some spent some time in the hospital
some have permanant physical disabilities
some have permanant brain damage
some arent here any more

and as for the riding skills comment im sure you will say you were joking around... find something else to joke about

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 22 2004, 03:43 PM
in the 4 years since my accident i PERSONALLY know 17 people who have been in some type of "accident" with their bike
some were at fault some were not
some got a little skuffed up
some spent some time in the hospital
some have permanant physical disabilities
some have permanant brain damage
some arent here any more

and as for the riding skills comment im sure you will say you were joking around... find something else to joke about
[post=366956]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the only reason that I don't have a street bike. You can't control the environment. My brother in law dropped his bike swerving around a dog crossing the highway. It's just like hitting a deer. He was lucky, he broke his wrist and had light road rash. My brother had a senile lady pull in front of him from an alley in town. He had road rash halfway up his thigh from his knee, pretty bad, right through his jeans. Every time he washed it, the scabbing would fall off, and start healing again. If you don't wash it, you're fucked.

I have a dirtbike and a quad, I love them both. I think a crotch rocket would kill me, or get me killed.

Christ. take it personally I don't care. Shit happens, no ones perfect. I was joking about my bike riding skills, well actually the lack there of compared to yours or Jeffie's. I'm sorry abotu all your friends and people who you've known and their badluck, but that's not going to deter me from at least trying it.

not trying to deter you or anyone else from getting a bike ... ill be the first to admit that riding is one of the greatest feelings in the world
but i will not let anyone think that if they are careful and ride responsibly obeying all traffic laws etc etc etc... that nothing will happen to them
there are FAR too many variables out there that you have absolutly no control over... and its one of those that is going to end up fucking you in the end

riding is great.... but the odds are not in your favor

all im saying is, know what you are getting yourself into

I know what the dangers are. Idiots like myself who know there's a bike but forget about them. I know I can't control every situation, but I'm not going to be one of those fucking asshats that sit in your blind spot on a bike, or try to pass you on the shoulder... I hate those guys.

The way I'll ride the bike is the same way I drive, where if something happens on the bike then it'd probably happen if i was in my car as well.

I wonder if I can attach a box to the backseat and deliver on the bike? that'd be fun as fuck. :D

*picturing james being the delivery boy on a motorcycle* hahaha

showing up in leathers and a helmet

that would be fun though... for sure!

Back