I was watching CNN...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 7 2005, 11:37 AM
Okay, but what delusion makes you think WE have the RIGHT TO DO IT?

Whats gives anyone the right to do anything? Everyone's system of beliefs is different so of course there is going to be a conflict of interest. Power gives "the right" to do things when it all boils down.

As far as answering the question above, what makes the United States THINK we have have the RIGHT TO DO IT is the framework laid by the founding fathers. This country was based on helping people in need, as well as other countries that we deemed in need. The government's foreign policy was outlined this way simply because if it were not for the French's help than the United States would not be a country currently, in return the founding fathers pledged in lesser terms to be the big brother of all those in need. This point is illustrated not just in the Middle East but in all foreign countries that we have our hands in. We GIVE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES, ONE EXAMPLE BEING AFRICA, AND YET WE STILL HAVE AMERICANS STARVING ON THE STREETS. I hear very little people complain about this, yet they complain about the war in the middle east when its the exact same concept. We are in the Middle East to free those peoples and allow them to live the democratic lifestyle that we cherish so greatly, even if its not what the people want.

I complain about it all the time. There's no reason to funnel billions into wars and foreign aid when America is falling apart from the inside.

It's cause and effect. Partially due to the war (and all the money being spent on it), Americans aren't getting the aid they need. So, by complaining about the war we are complaining about our country's policy of "everyone before ourselves".

Glad to hear some of you are opening your eyes. But I can understand why it took so long. It's kind of hard to understand that your leader has been lying to your face his entire term. Sort of like when a parent tells their child that the tooth fairy isn't real. I mean, the tooth is gone...the money is there..it's just not true. Lame ass analogy, but you get the point.

And for those who want to learn how to speak Canadian....mix American English sloppiness, with British Properity, and presto! Canadian (notice I mentioned NOTHING about Quebec French :p , thats just a fucking joke.)

George bush WANTS cheap oil in the US. It's in his best interests, as President and as an oil tycoon / sociopath Dare I say, your goals are similar.

his goals are high profits, not low oil prices...

and he's suceeded quite grandly i might add... while the rest of us get butt fucked...

What we need to do is make less americans "Need" shit. Giving to Africa comes from the private fundings of popular supporters and concerts / telethons / benefits. Someone once said, "Giving to people in exotic foreign lands is what sells.. Giving money to bums in New York isn't nearly as sexy"

Watch "How to make it big in advertising".

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 7 2005, 01:33 PM
I complain about it all the time. There's no reason to funnel billions into wars and foreign aid when America is falling apart from the inside.

It's cause and effect. Partially due to the war (and all the money being spent on it), Americans aren't getting the aid they need. So, by complaining about the war we are complaining about our country's policy of "everyone before ourselves".
[post=550705]Quoted post[/post]​

Im with you 100% there . Not on money leaving our country- we help incomming immigrants more than our own people with economic programs and tax free living for 7 years fuck that. Give your own people a break. If one of us went to another country to live what would they give us . not a damn thing. Fuck tsunami releif what about american relief . no other country is going to help us and no one talks about the us defecit how many trillion?

the budget was damn near balanced when clinton left... and bush then trippled its all time debt.

way to go, a hole

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 7 2005, 12:33 PM

Negative, because long before the war ever began America had its finnacial troubles.

People are crying about the war for the sake of crying. Its an easy outlet to blame everything on, when it infact isn't the root of all evil.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 7 2005, 10:50 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 7 2005, 12:33 PM

Negative, because long before the war ever began America had its finnacial troubles.

People are crying about the war for the sake of crying. Its an easy outlet to blame everything on, when it infact isn't the root of all evil.
[post=550716]Quoted post[/post]​

We'd be in a little LESS trouble though if we weren't spending millions a week on this war.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 7 2005, 12:40 PM

and he's suceeded quite grandly i might add... while the rest of us get butt fucked...

Back to Marketing 101...

How is he going to achieve this goal of high profits, when gas stations begin to run out of fuel. Its happening all over the nation already.

How is he going to achieve the greatest profits possible by causing Americans into finnacial ruins?

How is he going to get blood from a turnip?

How will he profit when Americans cut back on their gas usage?

The answer is he won't and you better believe that being businessmen they all know this. If gas prices surge and Americans can no longer afford gas, they they're simply going to find other means of transportation. Along with this fact, I'm sure the private sector of the market will spend billions upon billions to develope alternative fuel sources. It baffles me thus far, how Bill Gates hasn't yet taken a good chunk of change and sank it into R&D for alternative fuel sources. ...it will happen eventually if these prices start going any higher.

Bush is no fool, he's not going to drive the oil market into the ground on purpose.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2005, 12:49 PM
the budget was damn near balanced when clinton left... and bush then trippled its all time debt.

way to go, a hole
[post=550715]Quoted post[/post]​

Absolutely, 100% pointless.

We've been in the red since this country's conception.

"Balancing the budget" is in more or less terms bullshit, we were still in the hole trillions of dollars.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 7 2005, 12:56 PM
We'd be in a little LESS trouble though if we weren't spending millions a week on this war.

This is true, but what if we weren't spending millions a week on wellfare programs or half of the social reform programs that primarily democrats created? You guys don't seem to ask where any of that money is going. How about the $50,000 it costs the government to buy a hammer or toilet seat? Reform is needed everywhere but its a very difficult problem to solve. Tax cuts have reprocussions that will be felt thirty years down the line, when we have to pay the money we borrowed back or felt immediately when jobs are lost due to the cutbacks. The problem is, in my opinion, nothing in the world is free and everyone wants their cake and to eat it too. Its just not logical or even reasonable.

Put this scenario in play, what if President Bush is the satanic man that every bleeding heart claims him to be and he takes over Iraq and their oil wells. That would leave Americans in a better finnacial situation overall but with a cost in lives. What is more important to you? Now everyone would love to say a better finnacial situation and no lives lost, but HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Every choice has a sacrifice and every action has a reaction.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 7 2005, 01:03 PM-->
reckedracing
@Sep 7 2005, 12:40 PM

Back to Marketing 101...

How is he going to achieve this goal of high profits, when gas stations begin to run out of fuel. Its happening all over the nation already.

How is he going to achieve the greatest profits possible by causing Americans into finnacial ruins?

How is he going to get blood from a turnip?

How will he profit when Americans cut back on their gas usage?

The answer is he won't and you better believe that being businessmen they all know this. If gas prices surge and Americans can no longer afford gas, they they're simply going to find other means of transportation. Along with this fact, I'm sure the private sector of the market will spend billions upon billions to develope alternative fuel sources. It baffles me thus far, how Bill Gates hasn't yet taken a good chunk of change and sank it into R&D for alternative fuel sources. ...it will happen eventually if these prices start going any higher.

Bush is no fool, he's not going to drive the oil market into the ground on purpose.
[post=550728]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm...dude.... The world is out of Oil...has been for a LONG time...this is nothing new. Where is the alternative fuel? Nowhere. Why? US Oil corporations won't allow it. Why? Obvious.....will take a large chunk out of Oil Profits.

Sometimes the best viewpoint to have is that of the Layman's. You get WAYYY to wrapped up with details.

i think i'm done with these politcial threads.

ever time i read here, i realize more and more that THIS is why the country has become what it is. most of you are so stuck in your ways that you don't know if you're leading or following.

Bush is by far the worst president in modern history. If you think otherwise, i suggest you run for president. Seems like people of your type of a good chance at winning...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2005, 01:17 PM
i think i'm done with these politcial threads.

ever time i read here, i realize more and more that THIS is why the country has become what it is. most of you are so stuck in your ways that you don't know if you're leading or following.

Bush is by far the worst president in modern history. If you think otherwise, i suggest you run for president. Seems like people of your type of a good chance at winning...
[post=550748]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree 100%

Originally posted by adnoh@Sep 7 2005, 01:15 PM
Ummm...dude.... The world is out of Oil...has been for a LONG time...this is nothing new. Where is the alternative fuel? Nowhere. Why? US Oil corporations won't allow it. Why? Obvious.....will take a large chunk out of Oil Profits.

Sometimes the best viewpoint to have is that of the Layman's. You get WAYYY to wrapped up with details.

You're kidding, right?

The world is NOT out of oil and will not be out of oil for atleast another quarter century. We have oil in Texas, we have oil in Alaska, we have oil in the Middle East, we have oil off shore, we have oil in shale in Colorado, we have oil in Africa, we have oil in South America, and yet none of it is tapped out yet. If the world were out of oil than we wouldn't be driving around right now, we wouldn't be able to go to any gas station and tank up like its water. The United States has 800 million barrels of oil, in oil reserve and you think we're "out of oil". Hit me up with a PM and I'll give you an address to send that BC bud down to.

There's no alternative fuel thus far primarily because the government is controlling most of the research. The government doesn't care if it spends a billion dollars of money on research and produce no results, because hell its no their money. Its very true that the oil lobbyists are helping to hold back alternative fuel sources but that was my point, THE PRIVATE SECTOR, will eventually get heavily into the race for an alternative fuel source. Bill Gates would have no interest in oil profits and would have to spend money out of his own pocket to research. You better believe if a private citizen is spending money, they better see results or there's going to be hell to pay. Basically the private sector of the market is more efficient and better at producing more or less everything, than the government and it always will be.

You have much to learn about business, politics, and the United States in general, my friend.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 7 2005, 03:56 AM
Every quarter since Bush has been in office, the Oil industry has had multi billion dollar profits.
[post=550558]Quoted post[/post]​

The oil industry has had Multi Billion Dollar profits since the gas crisis in the 70's.

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: Its not bush's fault. This has nothing to do with him.

If gas is to expensive, drive less or just have less of other things. I am not saying that gas prices being this high is good, but there is nothing we can do about it and its just the way life is.

Things COULD BE MUCH WORSE. If congress initiates another price cap on gas, there will be mile long lines at the pumps on the days you are allowed to buy gas (hello that 70's show).

I would much rather pay $4.00/gal and be able to buy it whenever i wanted than to have a price cap like in the 70's and not be able to get it when i need it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2005, 12:51 PM
right. women are the root of all evil. its been mathematically proven :D
[post=550717]Quoted post[/post]​

Women = Time = Money = evil^1/2

Therefore,

Women = evil^1/2

Back