I wonder why...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
There are two big stories on this board tonight, the airmarshal shooting and the Tookie story

Why is it when we see somebody on death row for a horrible murder there is always someone who says "he shouldn't have to die", but then we see something like what happened in Fla today and the same people say that the cop was at fault and should be punished? I peronsally don't understand it. Your thoughts?

I said they should both die. =)

Ya ya, i'm an Incompassionate bastard. Fuck you all.

Shit, fry 'em together. Saves money.

...because they're pessimists.

The glass is always half empty, rather than half full.

They look at the world unrealistically through hindsight. They, also, like to hear themselves complain just for the sake of complaining and will never be satisfied.

Quoted post[/post]]
the glass is the wrong size
:p

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I should know better making any posts that require a certain level of intelligence and comprehension for the masses to answer. Afterall, this is a car forum, and its like dealing with a nuclear reactor when talking to many on here - they're just so far out there and can melt down at anytime. I guess this is like "freaks and geeks" online. :p

Several people have certain political views.

1. Do you "murder" someone because they murdered other people?

2. Do you allow gun weilding air marshalls to kill people at will?

Answer to 1: I believe that if you take a human life, you no longer deserve to live. And that fucker deserves to die. He will be executed or held in a cell until he is dead.

Now, it will cost me, as a tax payer, $50 a day to keep him alive in a prison, which adds up to roughly $18,000 a year. This is PER inmate. It will cost us somewhere around $8,000 to have him killed and burned/buried whatever. What option is better for you and me? Keep the killer alive or off him? Why should I have to pay his room and board when he is as good as dead? This is one of many points I could make.

Answer to #2: An air marshall killed another man in order to protect dozens/hundreds of people. He did not "murder" anyone. That man died because he threatened to kill alot of people, then moved in a manner that could have carried out that threat. I'm very pleased that I can still feel somewhat secure in knowing that if someone was weilding a bomb on a plane that every measure would be taken to take him out.

But, you get people who believe differently. And this is a free country, and they are free to do so. Some people stick to politics and firmly believe in what they are told to believe in. I believe in whatever it is I believe in.

"Some people just need killin".

Tookie, remarkably enough, also held something that the Airport guy lacked:

Status.

and with Status the rules DO change. Tookie was up for a Peace Prize. That's status. "He could have been someone" always comes to someone's lips in these cases.

If we find out that the Airport Guy was a decent guy with a life full of charity and opportunity, then you bet heads will roll.

-> Steve

It's all about Status.

So status gives you the right to do what ever the hell you want? That should not be the case.

He's not saying that it makes him exempt from his crimes - he's saying that it changes the situation.

Quoted post[/post]]
So status gives you the right to do what ever the hell you want? That should not be the case.

The view is that, since he was up for the Peace Prize, he might have something more to contribute to society than say, you or me. They could care less about "offing" a regular lower to middle class citizen, but when someone "could have been someone" or "made a real difference" then they think twice. :hmm:

Quoted post[/post]]
Several people have certain political views.

1. Do you "murder" someone because they murdered other people?

2. Do you allow gun weilding air marshalls to kill people at will?

Answer to 1: I believe that if you take a human life, you no longer deserve to live. And that fucker deserves to die. He will be executed or held in a cell until he is dead.

Now, it will cost me, as a tax payer, $50 a day to keep him alive in a prison, which adds up to roughly $18,000 a year. This is PER inmate. It will cost us somewhere around $8,000 to have him killed and burned/buried whatever. What option is better for you and me? Keep the killer alive or off him? Why should I have to pay his room and board when he is as good as dead? This is one of many points I could make.
the death penalty process actually costs more because they let them sit on death row for 10-20 years and make as many appeals as they fucking want and run up the bill in the trial part of the system. in north carolina its costs about 2.16 million more for the death sentence than a life w/o parole sentence. talk about a fucked up legal system.

Back