IAB hook up question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Roger

Had my H22a 95 Accord EX back from the shop for about a month now and my IAB isn't hooked up. My a17 pin at the P13 ecu has no wire going to it and I know they used my accord engine harness for the swap. When I unplug my IAB wires(Yellow/Blk & pink wires) from the connector on the driver's side of the intake manifold, I'll throw a CEL. I'm trying to fix this but I have no idea what they hooked the wires up to. Any help here?

Oh shit, I finally understand what you are getting at now, and your confusion.

Your car didn't have an IAB before right?

Ok, no IAB, no wire to the ECU. You can either stab the wire into the empty hole(rudimentary but effective), or you can do the method I prefer.

Go to the junk yard, rob an ECU harness end. There are two sizes of pins, call them large and small. You need both to wire IAB, Knock, and VTEC. I don't recall which size you need. Open the (JUNKYARD) harness and yank out the size pin you need. Open your stock harness and push that pin into your open slot. Close your harness. Solder all of your connections. I'm sorry I didn't catch your meaning right away. :p

O.K. the plug that you're disconnecting is not the IAB it's the IAT (code 10) switch.

The plug for the IAB is on the black box on the bottom of the intake manifold.. really only accessible from underneath the car.

Now you do have 2 options. Either run the wires for the IAB or do the wonderful IAB trick.

Simply take a vaccum line from the IAB diaphragm and run it DIRECTLY to the intake manifold. It actually works really well. Rather than have the IAB RPM dependant they're throttle dependant (with this trick).

So now, anytime you go WOT (wide open throttle) the dual runners will open. Whereas having them controlled by the solenoid, they only open at 4800.

I've found this trick works pretty well (maybe 1-2HP gain..butt dynoed). But it works nonetheless and saves you a lot of extra effort. :D

Looks like the shop at my IAB diaphram hooked up to the intake manifold, but with a vacuum hose that was to wide and caused a vacuum leak. I'm not sure about this but the chiltons manual states that some of the older accord come with IAB. I think it was controlled by the a19 pin. So far, I already have the wire hooked up to the a17 pin but I was like the hell with it, I'll just stick with the vacuum controlled IAB. Thanks for the help guys!
p.s. This car sux with the H22a paired with a F22 auto tranny since I got smoked by a minivan yesterday! :angry:

Originally posted by Roger@Apr 13 2004, 06:24 AM

p.s. This car sux with the H22a paired with a F22 auto tranny since I got smoked by a minivan yesterday! :angry:

:bo: One hell of a minivan. Um, somethings wrong if the grocery getter with soccer team kick your ass.

get an h22 LSD/AT!

Fuck yeah. I still need to put mine in. I might do that soon. :)

This minivan was driven by one hot milf :eek: and she was probably in a hurry to pick up the kids. The auto/lsd will be my next mod. :worthy:

Back