IAB problem someone please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

udcivic

SiR-G
ok so i swapped a b18c into my 99 civic ex i ran the iab wire to the a26 pinout as soon in the reference section...i have power to the plug at the solenoid and vacuum at the diaphragm, i had my brother get into the car and rev the engine to 6000 rpm's so i could see if the diaphragm opened the secondaries up....nothing....i shut the car off and the diaphragm stays close....even know the vacuum is gone...What is my problem Here? please help im so sick of working on this.

What was it? Just curious. In the event that other people may have that problem and want to know where they could look for a solution.

well the iab solenoid has a cap/filter on the top and it was clogged, so when i hit 5700 and the solenoid switched and cut off vacuum to the diaphragm off the filter being clogged wouldn't let the air escape from the diaphragm, keeping it closed. i took the cap off and cleaned the filter. and boom she works like a charm.

Back