IAB Question few things

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

I have a question about the IAB sensor on the prelude (JDM 92-96) engine.

1 Does the sensor throw a code if the wiring is not done right?

2 Exactly what needs to be wired if I have an ex 5gen accord?

3 I heard I can simply connect a vacuum hose from the mechanism that opens and closes the secondary butterflies to the IAB and from the IAB to the manifold on any available nipple, also that I do not need to wire up the IAB and can completely by pass the black box. Is this true or is something flawed here.

4 Is the IAB the same thing as the solenoid confused on this?

5 There is a debate on weather or not the secondary butterflies are even needed what do you guys think.

1. i'm not sure.

2. https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60903 7th paragraph after the article starts

3. refer to number 2. only flaw is that the solenoid controls the vacuum, which in turn controls when the butterflies open. with a straight vacuum line it will open only when the vacuum reaches a certain amount, and it's possible that it will partially open at times.

4. there is the IAB, and then there is the IAB solenoid that helps to control when the IAB actuates (when the butterflies open).

5. the butterflies act to effectively change the runner length in the intake manifold to help mid range torque, and still make high end horsepower. the IAB is a compromise.

1. no
2. It might be present already. My EX didn't need that wired.
3. Works better with the box, unless topend is your only priority.
4. See above.
5. See above, plus, the IAB does enhance everyday driving. You don't need them at really high RPM's

Back