IAB Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cajeffus

I am taking a F22A6 from a 92 Accord EX with an automatic and putting it in a 91 accord LX with a manual and a bad engine which is stamped as being a F22A6 on the block. I have both the engines out sitting next to each other when i noticed the new engine has a canister under the intake manifold which the bad engine doesn't have. The wireing harness from the old engine obviosly doesn't have the wire for the silonode on the IAB, but i need to use it I think since the tranny's are different as well as the connerctions. I’m not sure if the ECU is a PT6 is it stamped on the ECU? Also where is the ECU located? What can I do to make this swap work?

f22's don't have iab's. only the gsr b18c1 and h22 do.

you might be hitting on obd0 vs obd1. You should be able to re-use most the electronics form the old motor on the new one. the entire IM should just bolt right on, sensors and all.

ecu should be in the passenger side kick pannel under the carpet.

Doesn't the egr bolt to the fire wall on the passeger side. Also the intake manifold has the spacer that contains the secondary butterflies.

Back