1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iab wiring

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by icustomxxxi, Jul 30, 2004.

1. icustomxxxi

icustomxxxi Junior Member

sorry i know i posted this alreay in the swap forum but got no replies, and i need an answer quick:

i am just finishing up my obd II jdm gsr swap into my 98' civic dx. i have a question about the iab wiring. there are two wires coming out of the sensor, a red and a black. i ran the red wire into the ecu and the proper location.

my question is what do i do w/the black one?

is it a ground, and can i ground it anywhere? or i also heard that the ecu sends out ground signals (via the red wire) so i need to hook up the black wire to a power source. it was suggested to me to use the black w/yellow stripe wire from a fuel injector. is thie the corect procedure?

thanks for any help i may recieve. this is one of the final steps in completing my swap.

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

black/yellow wires are power with the key in the ON position. The other wire is ran to the ECU. There are black/yellow wires all over your engine bay. I don't think I'd mess with an injector. I'd probably go off of something else, but that's just my opinion.

3. icustomxxxi

icustomxxxi Junior Member

ok so i am def hooking the black wire up to a 12v + source and not grounding it? ill try 2 stay away from the injector wire but that was just an example that someone gave me as a 12v source.

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

The pink wire should go to A17 at the ECU. The black/yellow should go to a keyed 12v source. You could use your fusebox if you wanted to.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ppretty sure a17 is the obd1 port, but not obd2... might wanna double check that

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

oh, my bad. I didn't notice the OBD II. Please do check into that. A17 is for OBD1.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted