iab wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icustomxxxi

sorry i know i posted this alreay in the swap forum but got no replies, and i need an answer quick:

i am just finishing up my obd II jdm gsr swap into my 98' civic dx. i have a question about the iab wiring. there are two wires coming out of the sensor, a red and a black. i ran the red wire into the ecu and the proper location.

my question is what do i do w/the black one?

is it a ground, and can i ground it anywhere? or i also heard that the ecu sends out ground signals (via the red wire) so i need to hook up the black wire to a power source. it was suggested to me to use the black w/yellow stripe wire from a fuel injector. is thie the corect procedure?

thanks for any help i may recieve. this is one of the final steps in completing my swap.

Originally posted by icustomxxxi@Jul 30 2004, 09:47 PM
sorry i know i posted this alreay in the swap forum but got no replies, and i need an answer quick:

i am just finishing up my obd II jdm gsr swap into my 98' civic dx. i have a question about the iab wiring. there are two wires coming out of the sensor, a red and a black. i ran the red wire into the ecu and the proper location.

my question is what do i do w/the black one?

is it a ground, and can i ground it anywhere? or i also heard that the ecu sends out ground signals (via the red wire) so i need to hook up the black wire to a power source. it was suggested to me to use the black w/yellow stripe wire from a fuel injector. is thie the corect procedure?

thanks for any help i may recieve. this is one of the final steps in completing my swap.
[post=370604]Quoted post[/post]​

black/yellow wires are power with the key in the ON position. The other wire is ran to the ECU. There are black/yellow wires all over your engine bay. I don't think I'd mess with an injector. I'd probably go off of something else, but that's just my opinion.

ok so i am def hooking the black wire up to a 12v + source and not grounding it? ill try 2 stay away from the injector wire but that was just an example that someone gave me as a 12v source.

Originally posted by icustomxxxi@Jul 30 2004, 11:36 PM
ok so i am def hooking the black wire up to a 12v + source and not grounding it? ill try 2 stay away from the injector wire but that was just an example that someone gave me as a 12v source.
[post=370656]Quoted post[/post]​

The pink wire should go to A17 at the ECU. The black/yellow should go to a keyed 12v source. You could use your fusebox if you wanted to.

oh, my bad. I didn't notice the OBD II. Please do check into that. A17 is for OBD1.

Back