1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iab....

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by viciousracing, Mar 11, 2003.

1. okay guys, i heard a lot of things.....gettin tweek here.....i heard that OBD1 B18C1 IAB uses ground for power. Then, i heard it uses the 12v......then again i heard that OBD1 uses ground and OBD2 uses 12v. what is really wrong here? i'm hella confused talkin about IAB for like the whole week now. :blink:

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

okay... once and for all:

OBD1 b18c1:

the iab will have the following wires coming off of it:
    -yellow/black
    -------> this wire has a 12v constant whenever the key is on from the main pgm-fi relay

-pink/blue
    ---------> this is the wire that goes to the ECU and the ECU grounds it to turn it on... pin a17

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

4. civicSiR1

civicSiR1 Senior Member

where is the IAB located. I heard it a black box or sumthin under or near the IM. any suggestions?

5. where is the 12v located on the ECU?????

6. pills_PMD

the 12v doesn't go to the ecu. it comes from the main pgm-fi relay.

you could really tap into any 12v + source that has power when the key is on.

the ECU ground teh solenoid to complete the circuit and turn the IAB solenoid on

7. what will be a good source to tap it into?

8. pills_PMD

i dont have the diagram in front of me anymore... and i've never done this , i'm just going by diagrams so i really can't say

get a voltmeter and do some detective work. find a Key on ignition off power source

9. on the helms manual, it post out one wire to A17. then the other points out to a square with a B in the center.....i only have one page of the diagram......whats the square with the B in the center for......i think it'll solve what i'm lookin for...

10. anyone has the Key for it?

11. H22aCivic97

H22aCivic97 Junior Member

The one wire goes to A17 (usually pink) and the other is a 12V power source(yell/blk). Just tap a yell/blk wire from one of your injectors. The stock wiring diagram says to tap the VSS(yell/blk) wire. The injector wires are just closer.

VSS=velocity sensor switch

12. so i just take the yell/blk wire from IAB and attach it to one of the injector wires?

13. H22aCivic97

Yes, make sure it's also yell/blk...

14. aight, i'll try that.....see if it works.

15. the yel/blk wire is A25, what is that?

16. H22aCivic97

The yell/blk wire is a 12V power source keyed to the ignition. I have mine spliced in with my VSS switch. If you trace them back to the ECU they plug into A25.

17. oh shit, hell yeah, i got it running man. thanks bro!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted