1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IAC acting up with P28 in

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Teal_HB, May 17, 2005.

1. Teal_HB

Teal_HB Member

I recently installed a P28 into my 94 cx hatch running a D16Y8 motor on a P05 ecu.
    It was not wired for vtec so I did the wiring for the vtec solenoid and converted my car from a 1 wire O2 sensor to a 4 wire so that the P28 would work. After I completed both of these things I fired up the beast and I was running in limp mode with my CEL on. So I check the code and it was a 14:

14- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
    88-98 88-98 97-98 88-91 93-97 95-98 88-98
    IAC Valve (Idle Air Control)
    defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

And my idle was really low so I cracked out the screw driver out and adjusted the screw that opens and close the butterfly plate I think. This brought my idle up but now when I drive it is fine when above 2000 rpm but at about 1500 it bounces back and forth, also when I am giving my car gas and I let off of it, it will jolt.
    I checked the plug on the sensor and it is fine. And the funny thing is
    that I was not getting this CEL when I was running my P05, is this because the P05 doesn't use this sensor or what? I also thought that some how I damged the sensor working on the the other wiring so I put my P05 back in and the CEL went away.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted