IAC? Fuel pump? Trouble starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter4life

Rotary Man
Okay so bought a 92' civic for my winter beater about a year ago, every now and then I have a problem, where I can't get it to start, sometime it wouldn't start at all, and I had thought I had fixed the problem when I found no spark.. have replaced the igntion module twice, new cap and rotor, wires and plugs just because, it also has a newer fuel filter (did it when i bought it)..now it'll start but after driving it for awhile it won't start..wants to but its stubborn and you have to give it fuel for it to break loose so to speak, of the stumbling and hesitation that is...usually start it and it quits right away, I ran a iac code but noticed it was unplugged..didn't seem to make a difference. A couple times on the way to work it'll all of sudden die and pick up a couple seconds later..continually..it's like it'll continually stop and go...any ideas guys? where to start? seem to have a good fuel pressure and spark (tested)..yet could my pump be dying once it heats up?:confused:

did you reset your ecu after you plugged it back it? if your car has alot of miles on it, it may be your main relay.

Back