iac problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

i really can't take the surging idle any more and want to get the problem figured out. I tightened the thermo valve, and have tried all the iac's i can get my hands on, but I don't think any of them are correct. The motor was an auto, so the one from the teg doesn't fit right on the manual i.m I put on. I have the civic one on right now and it fits, but the idle surges very badly. So what I want to know is if there is a difference between the civic iac and an iac from an obd0 manual teg. thanks

the civic and integra have different bolt patterns.. i have a type r iacv that wouldnt fit on my b16 manifold

No, the I have the civic one bolted on, the reason the teg one doesn't fit is because it's from an auto. The civic iac bolts on just fine, but it still surges hardcore.

I must have gotten the two switched up in the swap. Is there a difference in obd's then because the motor is from a 92 and I'm running obd0. The car actually doesn't surge as much with the civic one that doesn't fit than it does with the integra one. I have also tried one from a friends ls with no results, so I don't think mine is broken.

Back