IAC question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

on the back of the IM there are a few plugs/connections and i cant figure out which one is the IAC. My motor is a Z6. if you are facing from the front of the car, on the right towards the bottom there is a small flange with two screws on both sides and a two-wire plug. is this what i'm looking for?

It is somewhere on the throttle body, before your butterfly. If you take off the clamp on the passenger side and look inside the intake, you will see the passageways(holes) cut around your butterfly. Basically, it lets air past with the butterfly closed(idle). I wish I had a pic for you, but look for what I described. It makes perfect sense when you see it.

thanks. i found it, and did the test, it's not the culprit. i guess its on down the list. i found out my car runs way better w/ the heat at full blast, and runs about %50 cooler, with no idle problem. shit.

cool. :p Let us all know what the problem is, I try to learn from what other people have experienced.

Back