1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IAC valve

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by EG6D16Z6_NA, Oct 14, 2003.

1. EG6D16Z6_NA

EG6D16Z6_NA Member

anybody know were the IAC valve on a d16z is? what colors are the wire? my car ran a CEL code 14 and said it's the IAC valve, idle thermo valve or throttle body. by the way what is the thermo valve? anything will help guys.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

it's that tumor on the back of the intake manifold.

3. EG6D16Z6_NA

EG6D16Z6_NA Member

is it a black shitty thing that has a hose connected to the EVAP canister? or where? the D16z has a lot of tumors.

4. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

it has two coolant lines going to it and a 2wire plug as well.

5. EG6D16Z6_NA

EG6D16Z6_NA Member

should it be on the left or right of the manifold. what color wire? coolant hose? hhhmmm...

6. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

i would say to check your idle adjustment screw also... if that has been played with too far, the throttle butterfly wont close enough and the IAC valve wont be able to correctly compensate

7. honda_mach3

honda_mach3 Senior Member

coolant flows through the valve fine. i'm pretty sure it's not the thermal valve. i took the IAC off the blew to a hole on the side which did not have the screen. It's pretty tight. then i took my cousins off. i blew onto it and it's smooth. i haven't switched the valve form my cousins car yet, going to do that. that peice of shit cost me 300 bucks. i'm headed to the yard, forget a new one.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted