IACV Idle Problems 2000 LS Integra 85k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GRANDMASBOY

I started to have problems with idleing it seems to do it at random times.. When I'm in drive, neutral or reverse its fine. When its in park it idles at about 1k then bounces 250-500 rpms. But it does it sometimes only, not all the time. Random with the engine being hot or cold. I cleaned the IACV and put a new radiator on it because the old one was rusty and seemed to be causing the cooliant to turn brown and clay like. I dont know if taking off the IACV again and cleaning it.. I cleaned it before putting new radiator on. I dont know which "vacuum lines" to even look at.. I even replaced a line going into the manifold because it was clogged with radiator fluid.. nothing was going through tube..

Im at a stand still on what to do next, I dont trust mechanics at all. 2-3 years ago my check engine light went on.. I went to a mechanic and he said it was my o2 sensor and needed oil change, flush all that crap.. I said no and instead went online and bought a obd2 tool and hooked it up to my laptop and it was my gas cap that threw the error NOT o2 sensor. But im glad I bought it cause Ive had to reset the engine code a couple of times. But recently with the idle problem I'll get the p0505 which is an Idle Control System malfunction. Should I just buy a new IAVC or something you think I should look at next?

Thanks

try bleeding the coolant really well. If there is any kind of air pocket around the IACV it will cause the motor to hunt up and down. Leave the radiator cap off for 20 minutes while running and just keep sqeezing the lower hose and maybe the heater core hose's and just try to get all the air out..

my buddy who helped me put the radiator in, he put fluid in and he left the cap off and started the car, bubbles came out but notice as less and less came out it got better. Then stopped.. It started up again, just nowhere near what it was doing.. I plan on flushing the coolant again cuz it got a little dark, but it didnt get as dark so quickly as it did before I changed the radiator. the radiator fluid stopped changing colors though.. what causes this?? But I'll try the fluid again..

I doubt its a head gasket leak. the oil and transmission fluid are fine and the car drives normally and no smoke out the tail pipe.. just loss in mpg about 20mpg but I'm sure that I keep reseting the computer that this affects it..

thats what is happening with my car. 95 model ls motor. just randomly idles real low or real high. no air in my radiator tho. any help would be greatly appreciated.

lostsoulzprophet, im not the car expert.. did you ever put a radiator leak thing in your radiator.. I did and it clogged up one of the lines.. cleaning the IACV really helped it.. but it still kinda does it.. I would replace most if not all the small radiator lines.. that helped a little too.. but not being the mechanic I know every little helps, I guess im just looking for that last bit to get it to stop completely

If you put that stop leak crap in the radiator then your heater core is most likely clog or damaged and that will cause some problems with everything else. oh and good luck changing the heater core they are NOT fun.

Back