Ian's build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol :laugh:

thats a sick build, im jealous.... What IM and header are u going to be using?

So those three bars hanging over the valves are the LMAs, right?

I think that's the first set I've ever seen from an opened up honda dohc vtec head.

*wants to go find a b16a head for sale now* :dry:

Edit: Yes damnit I meant LMAs. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
So those three bars hanging over the valves are the LCAs, right?

I think that's the first set I've ever seen from an opened up honda dohc vtec head.

LCA = lower control arm

You must be thinking LMA. LMA = lost motion assembly

And no, the three bars are your rockers, followers, or whatever you want to call them.

If you want to see a set of LMAs from an opened up DOHC head, all you had to do was search- the information is in the reference section with an explanation and a nice marked up picture of my B16 head.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47985

lma_location.jpg

:)

Quoted post[/post]]

IM and header for now will be a shitty DC 4-2-1, and skunk2 IM. i REALLY want an RMF or Hytech header, but im not sure want to spend another 1000+ on a header just yet, maybe someday. ill probably mod an ITR intake mani to fit too, in the long run.

Quoted post[/post]]

no, those are the rockers. the cam rides over the flat smooth part, which pushes the valves down.

LCA's are lower control arms, those are in the suspension, did you mean? LMA's? lost motion assemblies. those are under the center rocker.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

IM and header for now will be a shitty DC 4-2-1, and skunk2 IM. i REALLY want an RMF or Hytech header, but im not sure want to spend another 1000+ on a header just yet, maybe someday. ill probably mod an ITR intake mani to fit too, in the long run.

Quoted post[/post]]

no, those are the rockers. the cam rides over the flat smooth part, which pushes the valves down.

LCA's are lower control arms, those are in the suspension, did you mean? LMA's? lost motion assemblies. those are under the center rocker.

:doh:Goddamnit. Yeah LMAs. I didn't catch that until I just came back, gotta love being tired.

Well yeah, I saw that picture of the head that's all dirty and nasty... but Ians is all clean, easier to tell different parts apart... now if I just had the memory and paid more attention in auto class in high school...

Quoted post[/post]]
:doh:Goddamnit. Yeah LMAs. I didn't catch that until I just came back, gotta love being tired.

Well yeah, I saw that picture of the head that's all dirty and nasty... but Ians is all clean, easier to tell different parts apart... now if I just had the memory and paid more attention in auto class in high school...

That head is actually really clean- just has oil in it like it's supposed to. :p

I wasnt paying attention before. Where did you get those studs....thats just plain hawt.

ok need a little decision help.

as you know, i currently have the JDM ITR pistons, which will give about 11.5:1 compression. now i was thinking of getting some CTR pistons instead. only thing is they are considerably heavier. but then again they will give me about 13:1 compression and .006 piston to deck height.

so heres the low down:

JDM ITR pistons:
11.5:1 compression
not too heavy
no need to get new injectors
no need to clay motor

CTR pistons:
13:1 compression
a little heavier
need to get new injectors (not a big deal since ill sell the old ones)
will need to clay motor to check valve clearances

some other things to keep in mind:
GSR head
skunk2 stage2 cams

obviously the ctrs will yeild more power, but will it be worth it? give me your input.

i would go forged...i would get wiseco/srp and eagle rods...or stick with the itr with a one layer gasket until you can afford forged pistons....but i would stay away from the ctr pistons....

Quoted post[/post]]
i would go forged...i would get wiseco/srp and eagle rods...or stick with the itr with a one layer gasket until you can afford forged pistons....but i would stay away from the ctr pistons....
He can't go forged per the Honda Challenge spec rules he's building for. Must be OEM bottem end pieces.

why not use jdm b16 pistons, they are lighter than ctr and give you more comp than the itrs. if you are worried about the coating or whatever on the itrs im sure you could have them coated as well.

Back