Ian's build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Ian, buy the Moroso Road Race pan. Cheaper than the Mugen and better baffles with more capacity. I hug mine every day. :)
i thought the mugen one was cheaper? its like 270 i think?

how much is the moroso one? and is it designed for the stock pickup?

I'm pretty sure the Moroso pan requires its own pickup... I've never personally seen one that was used without a new pickup.

yea i dunno, maybe B16 will come in and clearify for us :)

Quoted post[/post]]
That or you white boys have some really itty bitty pubes. :)

some of us white boys don't have any pubes. shave that shit y0.

and i'm having deja vu... i already took like half of those pics. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Ian, buy the Moroso Road Race pan. Cheaper than the Mugen and better baffles with more capacity. I hug mine every day. :)

:werd: mugen is over-rated IMO

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm pretty sure the Moroso pan requires its own pickup... I've never personally seen one that was used without a new pickup.

moros pans use their own pick up, because it has a kick-out and the pick up location is actually 3 inches back.

and make sure you get the right one.
the ls/b16 will not fit the gsr/itr block. differnt mounting points for the pick up and the windage tray is different too.

The Moroso Road Race pan uses the stock pickup. I have it on my B16 right now, which I also used on my B18C motor with stock pickup. I think I paid $250 for the pan?

Quoted post[/post]]
Nah, normal ass velocity stacks look different from that. That's a super big ass velocity stack.

Copy of the original AEM cold air intake I had in 1997. I still dont understand why they went away from that design I assume because they can still sell the current one without the velocity stack for the same price.

I believe akimoto had that same design as well.
Damn I'm old.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Nah, normal ass velocity stacks look different from that. That's a super big ass velocity stack.

Copy of the original AEM cold air intake I had in 1997. I still dont understand why they went away from that design I assume because they can still sell the current one without the velocity stack for the same price.

I believe akimoto had that same design as well.
Damn I'm old.
Haha, I had an RS Akimoto intake back in like 1997. And yes, it had a velocity stack.

GSRCRXSi 314: oh and go back to my build thread reading > you
greyfades: hit repost, a-hole
GSRCRXSi 314: you still loose, cause thats not the road race pan
GSRCRXSi 314: they have a pan thats SPECIFICALLY for road racing
greyfades: it said 'road race' in there.
GSRCRXSi 314: thats the normal street/strip pan
greyfades: wtf is the difference?
greyfades: lol
GSRCRXSi 314: not much, only the shape, size, baffling, oil pickup, oil pickup location....
greyfades: i thought it used the stock pickup
greyfades: ....
greyfades: which
greyfades: would
greyfades: be
greyfades: in
greyfades: the
greyfades: same
greyfades: location
greyfades: a-hole.
GSRCRXSi 314: street strip pan uses its own pickup in a different location. did you not read what B said?
greyfades: nuh uh
greyfades: lol
GSRCRXSi 314: see reading > you

True, but if you continued to read, you would see Ian is correct in his statement..

Comparison Pictures of the Moroso Aluminum Drag Racing pan for B Series VTec
Also hold 5qts of oil. Uses a specific moroso oil pump pick to place the oil pick up in the back section of the pan

+1asshat for you. :)

EDIT:
will, you fucker, don't edit your shit when you fuck up. :)

Wow. Honda-Tech timed out. Oh well. Maybe we should start an "asshat" point system that's visible to everyone, just like the warning system...

Quoted post[/post]]
True, but if you continued to read, you would see Ian is correct in his statement..

Comparison Pictures of the Moroso Aluminum Drag Racing pan for B Series VTec
Also hold 5qts of oil. Uses a specific moroso oil pump pick to place the oil pick up in the back section of the pan

+1asshat for you. :)

EDIT:
will, you fucker, don't edit your shit when you fuck up. :)
ssshhhhhh!

Quoted post[/post]]
Wow. Honda-Tech timed out. Oh well. Maybe we should start an "asshat" point system that's visible to everyone, just like the warning system...
SSSHHHH!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Hahaha, totally!
SSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!one!!!1!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
im being conservative. im a n00b tuner, but ive got a handle on what you need to do, but i know therers tons more i dont know that will keep me from getting the extra ponies. plus without dyno tuning i wont really have a way to set the cam timing initially so im gonna leave it at 0,0 at first til i can tune those on a dyno. also this is a 1.8L still. i just dont want to get my hopes up and then not make the goal. i want to be exstatic when i pass my goal :)

Just reading some this old shit.... but how much was the Portflow P&P?

P.s. Thats shit looks nice!!!

Back