IAT issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

Ok i know the drill so let me give you as much detail as possible. First 98 Type R in a 99 ex coupe (model is irrel) I'm using a 00 SI harness and a 00 SI ECU (with other fuel managment irrel).

The stock ITR IAT is on the manifold, the SI's IAT is on the intake. So i know it's already reading a higher temp than the ECU views as stock. I gotta a CEL for po113 "Intake air tempature circuit high input"

Im assuming this electrical related and not the input of air temp. if it is the actual air temp. moving it to the intake should fix this.

But if it's electrical because of my setup, anyone got any ideas?

oops sorry ment to add, pretty sure the sensor is good. Only reason i say pretty sure is that i switched it with another one, and still had a CEL BUT i think i was throwing another one but i cant confirm it. Keeping in mind the replace possibility what other options/ideas do you think?

edit: also what other IAT sensor related codes can be thrown?

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 19 2004, 03:04 PM
I've seen plenty of IATs go bad. I'd start there.
[post=392200]Quoted post[/post]​

anyone know how to bypass it?

did you install it into the intake piping(where the 99-00 civic's are located stock) or did you extend the wiring and connect it at the intake manifold?

You should install it into the intake piping(cooler temp)
I belive your car had it with the stock engine in the intake pipe.(and not on the intake manifold.)

the one in the intake pipe should be a black sensor,held in by a gromet, while the one in the intake manfold is white and held in by 2 screws.

so is there not a bypass you can do for the (code po113) cause my car cel came on last night with that code but i tried runnin the iat in my pipe and the boost just kept blowin it back out of the pipe (cause mine is in the intake pipe) so i got new sealed pipe and it was doin just fine till last night so just curious if there is a trick/bypass for this ......Thank you

Back