IAT sensor question(s)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

well i have a wiring question. First the setup:

99 SI ecu
99 Wireharness
98 USDM ITR motor.

My problems comes from a a code #10 IAT (internal air temp) senor.

More setup. Tegs have the IAT senor mounted inside the intake manifold, SI's have theirs on the intake pipe itself.

When i did this swap i had the code from the start. I replaced the sensor in the manifold, no luck. So I started thinking. Well the air is cooler in the intake than the manifold, so maybe the ECu is seeing a higher temp from this ecu then it should, so i pull the plug and lengthen the wires and threw it in intake, that didn't work. Then i tried the same thing with a push in style IAT sensor (the kind that normally push in the intake). Again no luck.

Few stipulations:

the wire's on the harness didn't match the push style sensor, so it could be as simple as switching the wires, although i doubt it. But im trying that today and rechecking the wiring itself, but im sure it's fine.

aside from that, i'd love to hear some ideas on what this could be.

Now in addition, chris and B you might be able to assist here if not with the above. But the plan to move to obd1 and a p28 on hondata. How does this problem relate to that. Can it be taken care of on the ecu side, if i can't get any more ideas on trouble shooting it.

pss. the car is up and running.

I have the same problem... keep getting a code 10, and I can't figure it out- even after a brand new sensor from the dealer. You might try running the wires directly to the ECU from the sensor to see if it's a wiring problem, but I doubt it.

Back