IAT...wire pulled out...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

My Intake air temperature sensor is being flashed by my ECU...so I go on the hunt to find the thing...found it! (very excited, might actually fix something)...oh-oh. One of the wires has 'torn' out of the little white sensor casing...I can see the little stubby bit still stuck in the sensor...one of the two wires (green one) from the harness is still ok...but there is not enough wire to perform a "fix" to the red wire...the guy at the parts counter at Honda said I'm screwed and said I'm going to have to buy another 'complete' engine wire harness!!! That's like $700!!!

How screwed am I???

Jason

most of the DA's that work at the parts dpt from a dealership don't have a clue. go to a junkyard and get one. what motor is it? i think i've got 1 or 2 lying around

Originally posted by bcreez@Dec 12 2003, 06:26 PM
most of the DA's that work at the parts dpt from a dealership don't have a clue. go to a junkyard and get one. what motor is it? i think i've got 1 or 2 lying around

D15B2 is the motor.

Yah...they are normally pretty good to me...but it depends on "who" is working the counter too...

Jason

shit, just bust out a sodering gun and some xtra length of wire and some shrink wrap. im pretty sure u dont need a whole new harness, just strip the ends of the wires, and soder the new length of wire inbetween and use shrink wrap to cover the connection.

I'll try and snap a pic of it...but there is not enough wire to do that...on the connector end...

Jason

just repair the wire.. samne thing happend to me.

umplug the clip from the sensor, and then pull the wires out of it. they are held in by a rubber grommet. The plug comes apart.. add some wire to it using solder and shrink wrap, then reinstall the plug, and connect the newly extended wires to the old ones... you DO NOT need to buy a whole new engine harness... thats just BS they want to make money.

Back