Ice Racing Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.p...&threadid=54086

From my WRX board. The race took place Friday, February 27 on a frozen lake in Georgetown, Colorado, which is about an hour east of Vail up in the Rockies. It's a huge place to race, normally big lifted 4WD Jeeps with spiked tires are doing organized races there every weekend. This past weekend, it was AWD Subie's and Mitsu's, many of them with street tires. :D

s40409fc63a99d.jpg

:wub: OMGHI2U!!!!! :wub:

:drool:

:worthy:

haha Well, a WRX in ANY color is fine by me, but that one is one of the best looking exterior modified ones at that meet. :nod:

Yes, I am living my WRX dreams vicariously through dohcvtec_accord... :worthy:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 28 2004, 07:25 AM
haha Well, a WRX in ANY color is fine by me, but that one is one of the best looking exterior modified ones at that meet. :nod:

Yes, I am living my WRX dreams vicariously through dohcvtec_accord... :worthy:

Doing brake pads, SS lines and Motul 600 RBF today. Next weekend or the weekend after, downpipe and mid-pipe. I'll see if I can get pics.

Motul 600 RBF? :blink: :unsure:

pics look sweet. I am really surprised that they dont require helments. Must not be an SCCA event.

One year, I am going to enter my car in one of those. All I would need would be raise my car up a little, put all seasons on the back, some snow tires in the front, then I would get massive oversteer, and still have good traction. It would be more fun in my car then a scoobie.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 28 2004, 09:45 AM
pics look sweet. I am really surprised that they dont require helments. Must not be an SCCA event.

please dont tell me you think that scca would actually "sponsor" (or whatever its called) something like that..

Originally posted by 90 accord+Feb 29 2004, 02:06 AM-->
asmallsol
@Feb 28 2004, 09:45 AM

please dont tell me you think that scca would actually "sponsor" (or whatever its called) something like that..

Actually I have recieved a few emails from my SCCA chapter about a few ice races that were happening over the winter. Heck, they even have ralley crosses during the summer, however, my car doesn't really seam like the off roading type, so I keep it on the parkinglots :) Scoobies and a few POS cars are the only ones that enter those.

MI SCCA >>>> AZ SCCA

The SCCA sponsored a drifting event last november I think... You should be able to google for it

Yeah, the SCCA runs several "Winter Crosses" and "Ice Rallyes" during the winter. I have yet to make it to one, even as a spectator. Maybe next winter.

Glad everyone like the pics. :)

Back