Icon for .pdf files

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So all my pdf files on my computer have the "unknown" icon, the white page with the little windows symbol

i tried everything
installed the latest reader for my OS
updated
did the open with... and checked off always open with this program

all to no avail

any advice?

right click .pdf file, properties, Opens with: xxxx , click change and choose whatever pdf reader program you use, be it, foxit or adobe. Programs shiould show up in a list, or you might have to browse for the .exe of the .pdf reader program

Shot in the dark but do you .pdf after the file name?
yes
right click .pdf file, properties, Opens with: xxxx , click change and choose whatever pdf reader program you use, be it, foxit or adobe. Programs shiould show up in a list, or you might have to browse for the .exe of the .pdf reader program
already done

any more ideas?

does adobe pdf reader or foxit still run ??

yes, i have no problems opening the file
all my pdf's will open fine
i just want the icon to be a normal adobe icon instead of the generic "unknown" icon

tell me more about this foxit program
can you enter text on pdf's?
i had the free trial of adobe pro 7 for 30 days and really enjoyed all the features it came with but couldn't justify the expense for how little i would use it

Last edited:
Open a folder, click Tools then File and Folder Options Click the File Type tab scroll down until you see the .pdf listing double click that and in the properties window click change icon and finally find the Adobe program and set the icon to that.

Back