1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ID this part for me please

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by pjcdc2, Mar 23, 2011.

1. pjcdc2

pjcdc2 New Member

got a '96 LS w/B1
    appears to be leaking oil from this spot... i *think* it's a cam seal? not too sure - hopefully, one of you pros can help my n00bishness :)
    also - being that oil IS leaking from here, what would that entail? head rebuild? or just a simple part replacement?
    thanks a lot![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pjcdc2

pjcdc2 New Member

alright, nevermind... cannot post images... ill go elsewhere - admins get ur shit together

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

U can't post images until u have 15 post... its because of spam and shit... now u get ur shit together

4. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

It's probably the cam seal. When you're looking at the engine its on the outside of the left side, closer to the front right? You just have to replace your cam seal. Pull the valve cover, undo a few bolts, replace it, torque down the bolts again (Yes you need a torque wrench), apply a bead of silicone to reseal the valve cover/valve cover gasket, and tighten the valve cover back on. Done. It can be done pretty quickly as long as you don't snap any bolts like I did the first time I did it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted