id this spider?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I always like finding the funnel weaver spider webs and catching a nearby unsuspecting insect to throw into it. It seems like those damn things are always on guard waiting for prey.

The wolf spiders around (and in) my house can be VERY aggressive depending on the year... Some seasons they're timid and shy, some seasons they literally chase us around in the basement.

I always like finding the funnel weaver spider webs and catching a nearby unsuspecting insect to throw into it. It seems like those damn things are always on guard waiting for prey.
at first i thought you said "funnel web spider" and i was about to say, GTFO now. those things are no joke.

yeah its pretty fun to stun a bug and then put it in a web the spider usually wont do anything till it moves so when the bug comes to its the greatest thing in the world lol

at first i thought you said "funnel web spider" and i was about to say, GTFO now. those things are no joke.
Yea I started to write "funnel spider" because that's what I was told they were called when someone first pointed it out to me. A google search made me realize that the real funnel spiders are crazy deadly. The one's I'm talking about just spin a funnel shaped web on the ground and hide at the small end to wait for prey, kinda look like a wolf spider.

I fuckin HATE spiders! I dont have aracnaphobia (SP?), I just hate em. Nasty little things.

We have TONS of black widows here. Holy shit they are everywhere. In trash cans, in the tool shed, under your car, under your picnic table.

What about Tarantulas? My father-in-law finds them on the side of the road on occasion.

its even worse here

i think the worst we have here is the hobo spider
quite a few of my friends houses have issues with them
and the occasional brown recluse

i feel like an asshat for killing such a weak spider

images

Hobo spiders and Brown Recluse are the worst.

Ya apparently when you get a brown recluse bite, you just think you have a flu until it's too late and you are dead...but that might only be for elderly and children. I think healthy adults can bounce right back from a bite.

ive seen one recluse in the northwest, and im not gonna lie it was creepy lookin. it was only down the street from my house.. definitely didnt sleep too well for a few weeks. buddy of mine destroyed that thing tho.. stomped on it for a good five minutes straight lol

Ya apparently when you get a brown recluse bite, you just think you have a flu until it's too late and you are dead...but that might only be for elderly and children. I think healthy adults can bounce right back from a bite.
I've known a few people who got bit by brown recluses at Camp Pendleton during training. At first it's like a regular spider bite, sore and swollen, but after a day or so it just starts getting worse instead of better. Basically the stuff digests the flesh in the area around the bite and they have to cut it open and drain/clean it. Then you gotta have it cleaned everyday until it starts getting better. Depending on how long you wait to get it looked at, it can leave a pretty nasty hole/scar once it's healed.

Ah so it was a wolf spider I found my cats playing with. Yeah that fucker died, even if it's harmless to me I'm not about to have a giant vet bill because one of my cats pissed it off.

Back