Iddle Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sarquez

Hello everyone.

I need some real help here. Got my 1998 LX, D16Y7 Civic with some crazy idle.

To make a long story short, got my Civic with some crazy iddle, the car starts just fine, and iddles around 750-850 RPM, drives just fine and all. But when I push the car to extreme rotations all the way to 7500 rpm, the iddle will go crazy on me, it will go down as 100 rpm, eventually it will be changing positions (100, 750, 300 rpm), every now and then, but commonly it will be out of the normal. My Spark Plug Wires were changed to some chinese brand, without my knowledge by a mechanic (S.O.B.), but still I don't think this would be the real problem.

I heard about the IAC Valve, could that be it? Where can I find that at the D16Y7 engine, it has that "facing up" throtle body.

Thank you all!

By the way, the car will drive fine, I don't know about quick response on gas paddle, but after reving up it is fine. I really am lost on this one!

Your pushing a car that was barely made to handle over 6500rpm all the way to 7500rpm...

First problem.

Second problem, you've probably fucked the internals so hard that the car wants to turn off, hence making the idle so low so that you'll want to never abuse it again and turn it off yourself.

Do a full tune up (liquids, wires, plugs, blah blah blah) and clean your iacv screen. How about you do some research before you buy a car and try to 'race' with it.

Back