Ideal C/r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls5gen

:D Hi,
I'm fairly new to this site, I was wondering what an ideal c/r for running about 15-17lbs of boost on a b18b1. There are a few stipulations though. I know that if you run a c/r in the range of 8's you can run more lbs. Although, I don't want to lose the torque that comes with dropping your c/r that low. Now, the stock b18b1 comes with a 9.2 c/r which equates to like 127lbs of torque @ 5900k. I was actually looking to increase my torque beyond this number, but not so much as to lose the ability to stay in the range of about 15-17lbs of boost(SAFELY). If ANYbody has ANY ideas any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

~ls5gen-

If you want to increase torque off boost, you need to increase displacement or compression ratio, or increase the breathing capabilities of your head. Increasing displacement would require a bore job, which you don't want to do under boost on a stock sleeve... or a resleeve, which starts to get expensive.

If you want to increase the level of boost you can run safely, you need to decrease your compression ratio. Your two goals contradict each other.

Back