Ideal CR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blwnsmke

Whats the Ideal Compression ratio for a turbo motor for high boost? Say 20 psi or so??

With what turbo? What power goal?

sevenofnine.jpg

Right now Im running a T3/T4 Hybrid.. As for power goal I don't really have a specific hp goal. Id like enough power to run low 12s or break into the 11's. Roughly how much power would that take?

Im in the process of gather info on a new motor I am going to build. Its going to be a b18 block with a LS crank, Eagle H beams.. Not sure which pistons yet. I got a Built ITR head Im going to use also.

Careful with that "built" ITR head. If it has all motor cams in it you will have some overlap. This is undesirable in any forced induction application.

Any cam that has a high duration and a lot of valve over-lap. Turbo cam profiles usually have higher lift and a shorter duration for less over-lap. Valve over-lap means that you're blowing boost out of the exhaust ports.

So thats pretty much useless boost then?

It has JDM GSR Cams.. What cams are you talking about exactly as in all motor?

gsr cams are considered the best oem honda cam for boost. I've seen reports of people gaining 20whp just by tuning the cam angle of gsr cams on the dyno.

Back