Ideas.. Need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i just got a sound system, Infinity Kappa 6X9's, Kappa 5 1/4 components for the front, and two Infinity Perfect Component 10 subs for the trunk... now here is my idea (if yall have one better let me know... when you open the trunk the side where the frame is... i'm thinkign about having light weight custom boxes built for both sides of the trunk... or would it be better if they were in a standard box torward the back seat?..... input much appricated.. thanks...

For the infinity subs, I would recommend doing a dual sub slot ported box, NOT BANDPASS.... You can get away doing this box and keeping tight bass response because the suspension on those subs is fairly decent. And definately fire the subs off of the back of the vehicle, the dB Rollover you get from the reflective soundwaves makes the sound incredibly louder 95% of the time...... I've seen this methodhurt sound in some situations, but very rarely.

my frind had two sealed 15 kove boxes in each corner of his trunk just below/next to the tailights in his 96 civic ex. the subs were aimed up and off to angle. he hit 143db with his seat folded up

Kove Audio is awesome stuff if you can get your hands on it.... There are exceptions like this where you use large coned subs and high power.... For example, my G/F's 96 Eclipse has 2 Diamond TDX 15" subs w/ a spec built ported box.... I fired the subs toward the rear to begin w/ and Metered a 154, faced them forward and they quit cancelling out off the back of the car, and metered a 157.6. Imaging is everything....

in a hatch there better faced up... my buddy holds a spl record and thats how his set up is in his crx..... 4 dd 12's and 4 zapco amps

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 31 2003, 02:58 PM
in a hatch there better faced up... my buddy holds a spl record and thats how his set up is in his crx..... 4 dd 12's and 4 zapco amps

Who is it?????? I've got a friend here that has a VERY similar setup..... He's in team Digital Designs.........

is your friend the dude with the red hatch that like 2 yrs ago had 3 ID MAX 12's, maliwho? that fucker was suppose to be a loud son of a bitch, he lives in bentonville and Marconi's did the work. (i use to live there myself)

No, this guy is out of tulsa, but he comes to all of the USACi shows around here. Man, marconi's supposedly isn't doing too good.......

i had a friend a few years back that held the a record in his yellow rex with two idq maxes..... i had another friend with a red si rex that was realy loud in the past few years i think at finals he held a record. its team sweet sounds out of mankato mn that red rex got painted white and another friend on mine owns it and is competing

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Aug 1 2003, 11:37 AM
No, this guy is out of tulsa, but he comes to all of the USACi shows around here. Man, marconi's supposedly isn't doing too good.......

yea, they're prices are high and they only sell high end stuff, which is good for bentonville, its a 99% rich population, but you still need to sell some stuff that isn't as high end, like that other place does over by 504 (i think that is the huge highway from ft smith to bella vista) and the road is... fuck, i can't think.. i think walton blvd and it turns into something.. they sell alpine and kicker.. where as marconi you have cadence, ID, and i think Infinity for speakers and zapco and cadence for amps.. or so it did back then.

And i'm from okla originally, tulsa? hmm, i wonder if Gary Biggs had anythign to do with that install..

Back