Ideas on cheap tuning?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alpine

My friend has a 91 CRX Si and I have a 90 Civic Si, he likes to race me everyonce in a while. Were pretty even but he always beats me around 4th gear. Anyone know of anything I can do that is cheap that would help me beat him. I'm thinking of taking the back seat out because no one ever sits back there but I don't know how much it will help.

I'm in highschool and work part time so I usually only make about $100 a check. But I was planing to save up a few hundred for it anyway. So like $200 give or take for a start, at least till summer and I can start working more.

weight reduction is free and works :) Remove anything you dont need.

If you dont have an intake on the car that usually helps a lot for a first mod. Exhaust is kinda hit or miss, usually adds more noise then anything(at this level anyway).

Turbinator maybe??? :lmao:

weight reduction is free and works :) Remove anything you dont need.

If you dont have an intake on the car that usually helps a lot for a first mod. Exhaust is kinda hit or miss, usually adds more noise then anything(at this level anyway).

Turbinator maybe??? :lmao:
:rotflmao"

When I got the car it has what I think is a Cold air intake (I can get a pic if you want) and what I though was just a muffler tip, but the exhaust was welded on after the cat was was newer so I'm assuming is aftermarket.

I'm thinking of taking the backseat out this week. Is it just lift and pull or is it bolted in?

best thing to buy is the factory service manual. You can get them on Ebay for like $10> shipped on CD. It will come in handy for your car reguardless of what you end up doing with it.

Its all stock up to the weld. It gets bigger and is newer after

I'm planing to get a few different manuals about the car. But I never think about it when at a parts store.

Its all stock up to the weld. It gets bigger and is newer after

I'm planing to get a few different manuals about the car. But I never think about it when at a parts store.

There's no reason to get several manuals- get the official one from Helminc.com. The ones you get the in auto parts stores (Haynes, Chiltons) are full of incorrect information.

Back