Ideas on starting a swap from bare GSR block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UnrulyNFS

So I'm going to do an engine swap on my 99 d16y7 civic sedan. I've found a good GSR block already freshened up by a machine shop. Would it be crazy to start piecing together a swap from a bare block? Goal is turbo and 500hp for highway and weekend dragstrip. Is it going to be impossible to find trans, sensors, ecu, harness, etc.... starting from this point. Figure I would get a b16a head ported for this project. Not in a hurry and not trying to be cheap. Want strength and reliability. Requirements are air conditioning functional and must be able to idle for up to an hour without overheating in the summer. Just don't know if this is a good idea as a starting point.

Could I buy a complete b20 for cheap for a engine swap, then just substitute the b20 block, head and intake manifold for the ones I want. Would that eliminate some of the hassle?

you would gain nothing by swapping the blocks.... the gsr head on the b20 block would be the better gain but same note im not trying to be rude but most this stuff (esp the bseries) is readily covered time and time again with a easy google search , same not Welcome to Hondaswap post up some pictures of your ride !

thanks for the replies. Actually, the GSR block is sleeved. Which is what I planned on doing to a b20 block. But the GSR block is sleeved, ready and much less than sleeving a B20. I just need the miscellaneous stuff like ac brackets, wiring harness, engine mounts etc.... Im not worried about crank, intake and head. I am concerned about the little pieces that i would need. Although I admit i am unsure about the transmission and ecu that i would need, i think a sleeved GSR block with a B16 head, forged crank, aftermarket rods/pistons would be a solid foundation. just needs to be ODBII

your wisdom from actual experience is appreciated

Back