ideas to make 200hp from d15b non vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i want to go turbo later down the line but i wana know wat are the other bolt ons i can put on now beside a cai and exhaust

Pay attention to what people are saying here. If turbo is your ultimate goal, then stop wasting money on N/A bolt-ons. Building a motor up for N/A and building a motor up for turbo are two completely different things. The bolt-ons that you're accumulating aren't going to get you anywhere close to 200 horses, probably not even close to 100 wheel horses.

Stop buying cheap bolt-ons. Start saving your money and researching turbos and tuning...

alright hear this guys.....i wana go turbo for sure so what do i really have to chaneg besides pistons n weh can i get sum good pistons for my d15b motor

i wouldnt waste my time even starting to build a d15, you can pick up a jdm d16 a time a dozen, i can pick up a sohc obdo d16zc all day long here for 550, then boost and a good tune and you should be close to 200 if not more with ease, and have under a grand in the setup, yank the d15, its doo doo

lol kk well i have access to a dohc zc non vtec and a good tune would b a challenge since on my island doesnt have a variety of tuners

yess with the d16zc non vtak, well all i can say is whore the threads for diy boosting, swap to zc, boost it, run low boost 7-8 lbs and prey it doesnt fall apart

kk i can get acess to a dohc zc non vtec and am try to learn how to tune cuz am starting a course in auto mechanics so thast should help me alot with alot of reading and quest for you guys but now ama jus hold on to the d15 n daily drive the shit out of it until i fin my course and after ama chk out da dohc zc n sum turbo kits and would i have to do forged pistons and wat are the durable brands? and do i need to lower my compression for the turbo

Another thing that you can look at is swapping to a VTEC head. That will add a few horses and will be compatible with your turbo setup later. And yes, you can lower your compression for turbo, but it's not absolutely necessary. It's a good idea if you're planning on boosting a significant amount or if your tune will be sloppy. If the tune is done well though, and the engine's in good shape and your parts are of decent quality, then lowered compression is not a necessity for mild boost...

Back