Ideling problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hows it going? Yesterday my g/fs dad and I started putting the clutch in my car(finally) woot! Im excited! I also figured out why my car wouldnt start off the key! I broke the solenoid on the starter! :wallbash:yay...that was fun....so that was $80 i had to spend. then i needed a new tie rod so i got that to. well right now my car is in probably 100 different pieces cause we didnt get it finished but its being finished today if all goes well. So my question is, when i start the car it idles real high, i push down on the throttle control to stop it, as soon as I start moving it seems like it just sticks at one spot and i can pop the clutch in 2nd and the car will drive itself. but when i stop my car sits at probably 2k. is there any way to fix that or adjust it or something? or would spraying it with WD-40 work? Thanks alot!

That would be tight if somebody had an answer to this. I have same problem now and also had same problem on a crx.

I was thinking it was the pedal or something.

Well actually i did something since noone else answered me. I loosened the throttle cable a little bit at the throttle body and it works like a dream now. I just figured id give it a try and if it worked it did and if it didnt put it back and hope for someone to answer.

2k throttle stick

I have the same problem and did the same thing you did and still have the problem but by know it really doesn't bother me anymore:rolleyes:

Back