identify this engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
my friend has a 92 hatch. he just got a b-series motor swap for likr 6500 or something close to it. its rated at like 240hp. i know its some sort of a crate motor but thats about all i know. im gonna see it tommarow night but i dont wanna wait. does anyone have an idea? oh and im almost positive its not the gsport "beast" crate motor.

the b20c? it wasnt sold by honda but someone built it and sold it as b20c; has blue valve cover.

from honda,
the highest hp b-series is 210 hp. and displaces 1.8L.
the largest b-series motor is 2.0

dart sells big block "b-series style" blocks that are 84-86mm bore and can be decked a couple mm or so, but even then, they top out at 2.2L

you're friend has bullshit or is mis-informed.

and there is no such thing as a b20c.

the b20c im talking about isnt a stock honda engine. it was pretty much a type-r head on a b20 block being resold as a "b20c". someone posted the ad of it in another forum but i forgot where; it had a blue valve cover...

ill let everyone know tommarow night because i get to see it for the first time then, but im guessing a modded itr. but i forgot to mention that his last motor had 82hp to the wheels. dyno tested it for a laugh. some non-vtec d-series. i dont know the d-series or else i would tell everybody.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 3 2004, 07:42 AM
cx's make 70hp at the crank stock. no way it put down 82 to the wheels :D
[post=425729]Quoted post[/post]​

i will vouch for this. my cx is taken by school buses and dump trucks on the regular

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 3 2004, 10:53 AM
Well everyone, could it be "The Beast". That $10K Crate Engine
[post=425753]Quoted post[/post]​

That's 12 thousand and 270 hp not 6500 and 240. And in his FIRST POST he says "I don't think it is the beast motor"

:slap:

there is another company that sells a crate motor for circa 7k... And it was supposed to be like 240hp n/a.... I think it was Crane, or one of the big domestic parts manufacturers... I had the magazine article somewhere... Maybe if I'm feelin saucy i'll go check the shitter and see if its in there.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 4 2004, 12:42 PM
there is another company that sells a crate motor for circa 7k... And it was supposed to be like 240hp n/a.... I think it was Crane, or one of the big domestic parts manufacturers... I had the magazine article somewhere... Maybe if I'm feelin saucy i'll go check the shitter and see if its in there.
[post=426264]Quoted post[/post]​

i think i remember seeing that...

Oo I bet its a Spoon motor....make sure your intake manifold welds are good and the diamond plate floorboards are secure :p

saw it last night and its sweet as hell. my friend said its called a hyper gsr or something like that. its basically a built gsr. its bored to 82 or 83(i dont remember) ande stroked with an aftermarket ls crank and rods. the compression is also alot higher. something like 11.8:1. it also has an lsd tranny but didnt ask about the details. he took me for a ride but didnt really open it up because he hasnt tuned it yet. still it was real nice. makes me want to finish my engine.

Back