identifying crx flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
how can i tell the difference between a 88 flywheel and the 89-91

88-89 flywheels are the same and 90-91 flywheels are the same

flywheelcomparison2.jpg

Ok. how do I know if my flywheel is a 88-89 DX? I am building a crx and was donated a flywheel. My buddy doesnt remember if it came from an Si or DX or the year. But did indeed come from an 88-91 CRX. I measured the clutch contact surface from cast line to cast line and it was slightly larger than 7.87in (200mm). But if I measure the actual contact surface from the clutch marks its 7.87. I need to order a clutch and want to be sure the fitment is correct. Thanks

Ok. how do I know if my flywheel is a 88-89 DX? I am building a crx and was donated a flywheel. My buddy doesnt remember if it came from an Si or DX or the year. But did indeed come from an 88-91 CRX. I measured the clutch contact surface from cast line to cast line and it was slightly larger than 7.87in (200mm). But if I measure the actual contact surface from the clutch marks its 7.87. I need to order a clutch and want to be sure the fitment is correct. Thanks
if you have 88 transmission, get 88 Si clutch - if you have 89-91 transmission, get 89 Si clutch

Back