1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiot or genius? Happy about $8 gas?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by get_nick, May 29, 2008.

1. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

Article about why we should be excited about $8/gal gas. Most of it sounds like hippie propaganda to me. I bet this guy drives a fucking h2 or some bullshit. I really don't think he considers all of the alternatives to what this will cost.

Public transit=higher taxes to fund

Newer technology in cars=high vehicle prices

confining people to local areas will lead to higher crime rates in the cities, overpopulation, more polution, overcrowding. god, look at cities like Mexico city and Beijing. They are dumps.

Financial discipline=not gonna happen. people just aren't smart enough. $8 gas changing discipline is like saying taking away abortions will make people stop fucking.

Easing global tensions? this guy is a fucktard. there has been global tension since dinosaurs. there will always be tension, gas is a minor issue compared to religion, elitism, and cross culture relations.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah, he's being pretty idealistic...

3. formby

formby learning in progress

i say ok for $8 gas.... if he pays for my fill up

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

ok so everyone is bitching about gas prices,ya know what,just stop,dont even pay attention to the costs,your gonna buy it either way,so y not just lose the stress??
    and im not speaking to any 1 person this is people in general.
    jus pay for the damn gas,stop bitching,and let things go how theyre gonna go

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

aren't you unemployed?
    lets see what you say when you're commuting an hour everyday, your wages don't increase, but the price of gas jumps a dollar a gallon

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

im not unemployed, but price matters not. i filled up for $3.91 this morning. 25 miles away, its $4.30 . oh well.

7. MadMaXXX

MadMaXXX Mad Man

I agree with most of those points, and with injen, for once. Job and housing location is just going to have to take a greater precedent in ones life; if you care at all about the cost associated with the commute. The best thing about high fuel prices is that there will be less of those huge suvs around to block the road and to pose a potential danger if to me, if they hit me.

8. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

i don't care about it. ya know what, $8/gas is motivating me to simply make more money. it's going to turn me into an elitist asshole that is financial stable and doesn't really care what happens to everybody else.

it's just that idiots like this guy don't consider both sides of the situation.

lets say it increases labor. labor could increase illegal immigration in search of cheaper labor. raise standard wages. increase the cost of goods sold and take more money out of the pockets of the middle and lower classes.

it's so easy to have a "solution" to the problems at hand, but the ripple effect is horrible. I remember walking out of the store last year and someone was getting paid to gather signatures. they were touting, "make schools better, decrease classroom size, blah blah blah". well, i looked into, sounded good. but it would raise the sales tax ANOTHER 1.2%. fuck that. there is ALWAYS a give and take.

9. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

thought i'd pipe up here and say the obvious -- it isn't just fuel costs rising, it's impacting the cost of a lot of other stuff too. UPS rates have gone up significantly in the last 6 months to account for their rising costs, and shipping anything using any method is getting painful. we can expect to see the cost translate into higher costs for pretty much everything that gets distributed across our country (food, etc). the fact is our country doesn't have a viable plan b in place, so we're all in a tight spot while that gets sorted out. i'm not so much bitching about the cost of fuel as i am bitching about how much i'm going to have to adjust my lifestyle to accomodate the costs. i'm with get_nick on this one. show me the money.

10. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

8 dollars a gallon? Sounds about right... one dollar per year of lesson learned.

If any of you *REALLY* weren't expecting something like this, well... another hard lesson learned.

11. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Just keep paying... just keep paying... just keep paying...

They LOVE that attitude.:usa::usa::usa:

12. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

who is "they"

13. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

14. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

unemployed at the moment,yes.........
    but that irrelevant..i still have to put gas in my car.to look for jobs,and do what i need to do..

15. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

$8 will put stress on employers.

i'll basically tell my boos, i'm done comuting.
    I can do 100% of what i do at my house.

give me a gas card, fire me, or let me work from home. your choice.

$8 says they let me work from home.

16. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I can attest to many things at UPS changing, dacheat, as I have worked there for thirteen years. I'm a dispatch Supervisor and we have had to cut a lot of the runs in our department because people are not shipping as much as well. The volume has been down a lot as of late and lots of drivers are being sent back down to package. No one is happy about it really. It is just interesting how much all of this has affected everyone in general.

Nowadays whenever I go to the pump to fill up, I just fill up and don't bother complaining about the prices. I'll leave that part to someone else. haha Even so, I am with all of you that are asking how we are going to accommodate during this time if we are not being compensated for rising EVERYTHING costs.

I got a second job a month ago to help me financially and my build, and now it seems that it will be helping me fill my tank up. haha Sad but true.

17. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

I too agree with Injen. There isnt alot we can do. Just pay the damn gas. I hate filling my gas tank cuz it drains me BUT what the hell, its not like the president or any other rich congressman will listen. We are run by an oil man for crying out loud! They will and have beem making every bullshit excuse they can think of just for us to fill their pockets.

"Ohh its for our troops","ohh its because and oils plant blew up" and others have been the excuses. I remember being promised that once we "invade" Iraq and take Saddam that we will have oil at a record low...bullshit once again. Our troops are still over there busting balls getting killed and someare even getting shitty medical treatment. Like that Hospital in the news awhile back ago. So what happened to our tax dollars and money that we payed at the pump? And why does the gas just jump 3 fucking cents in a matter of 24hr before ANY holiday? were getting reamed in the ass and there is nothing we can do about it.

18. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Well there's your problem.

19. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Well, we can start at the end with the oil execs, there's enough money flying out of their asses to keep them perpetually levitated two feet of the ground. Next from there are the big shareholders and "good boys" as they're called. They push laws across that make the moneygrab easier, yet look good to the common man. You might know one of these as the "Gas-Tax Holiday". After that it's across the pond to the dry deserts of Saudi Arabia. You know, that place where the 9/11 hijackers came from, and ultimately into the hands of terrorists and insurgents which kill our men and women on a daily basis.

That's "they".

20. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

:bs:
    gas prices are related to global supply and demand, and the cost of getting it out of the ground. the days of spending $1 a barrel to get it out of the ground are also gone. Not saying that i love the gas prices, but with the recent hikes in price we still get it cheaper then most oil importing countries in the world.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted