idiot sightings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross there anymore. This one was from Kingman, KS.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. And he was a Kansas City chef!

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when its safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side." This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi!

*and they walk among us ...

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

My fav

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no less

LOL!

Quoted post[/post]]
IDIOT SIGHTING:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no less

LOL!

You would be surprised at how many things just like this you find when working in I/T.

Printers that won't print. That aren't hooked to the network in any way shape or form.

Computers that don't work, that are off.

A fun one used to be people's computers were running slow like ass.. and you push the "turbo" button. (for all you really young-ones, computers used to have a "turbo" button that would allow you to slow down your computer for lesser applications, such as dos pinball. Because at 33mhz, that little fucking ball flew at mach 9.) People would push it expecting their computer to run faster, when actually, they were turning it off, causing their computer to run at like 8 mhz. Then they call in the "guru" to figure out why their computer sucks so bad all the sudden.

And an UNGODLY amount of things that just aren't plugged in. Mouses, keyboards, monitors, etc. etc..

Oh, and a monitor plug WILL plug into a printer port. I found this one day.

The printer port? Like, an LPT port? Nah. Either that or you've got some talented End (L)users. Serial ports are the same size as a VGA port though.

And I know all about IT. That's why it was so funny. I was in the IT support staff at my high school. Teachers do some dumb ass shit. I would too if I had to deal with teenagers all day.

And I remember the good 'ol Turbo button. Only fooled me once, and that was before I had any knowledge about PCs.

Quoted post[/post]]
The printer port? Like, an LPT port? Nah. Either that or you've got some talented End (L)users. Serial ports are the same size as a VGA port though.

My bad, It was a Serial cable that plugs into a printer cable. It fits the pins.. Well, some of the pins anyway, hard to explain. I had talented end users. :p

i love the last one. just remember that the next time someone says their car has only been serviced at the dealership.

Back