Idle Issue / ac issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cantbetouched24

I have a honda 94 dx swaped the engine same as stock engine before just v-tec now. my problem is when im driving the a/c is blowing really cold air when i come to a stop it becomes warm. i was playing with the idle and noticed if i barley step on the gas you can hear the a/c engage so i turned up the idle some by turning the screw while the engine was on go to the point where the a/c was working good until i stepped on the gas and then released you could hear the a/c compresser turning on and off everytime it turned on the idle would drop to low and it would turn it off and so on over and over. Can anyone tell me what could be dropping the idle that much or whats not working right i did have to change the ecu when i swaped engines could it be something there ? Please help or im going to have to take it to a shop. Thank You.

Last edited:
It could be a few things, but to pin point it I would take it to a shop and get it correct the first time. You need an increase in rpm (when at idle) for the a/c compressor to function at its normal operating speed. If anything interrupts this, the compressor will turn off, or turn off/on depending on how it is cycled.

Back