Idle Problem After My Car Overheated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PurityRacer316

My car overheated one day really bad and shut it self off. After that it started having Idling problems and I cant seem to find the problem. I changed the plug wires, and the fuel filter it still idle wierd. Its feels like it running rich and it feels like im only running on three cylinders. And it still keeps overheating after I got a coolant flush. So I dont know if thats my thermostat or is that my water pump. The water temp stay at a steady point at the first 30 minutes then it starts overheating. Sometimes it goes down and sometimes it just stays up. If anyone can help please.

sounds like a thermostat. its doensn't sound like its opening, besides, its an easy fix, better that first than your water pump.

good luck!

i doubt it's either of those. i'm guessing it's a head gasket. but i would try the thermostat first. hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

first thing to try is gutting the thermostat, or getting a new one...
make sure you bleed the system properly because air pockets can mess it all up...

are you getting any water in your oil? or any white smoke?

My car overheated one day really bad and shut it self off.
i'm suprised it still runs

Yeah I changed my thermostat, plugs, wires, and it still overheats. I think it is my water pump?? still feels like it is running on three cylinders sometimes.

Back