Idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

ok my idle on my car is so frikin irratic i dont know what the hell is wrong with it. When I first start my car it idles just fine at 1,000 rpm the then i can put it into gear and drive away also if i pop it into nuetral and am still cruising it idles fine but as soon as i come to a stop with it in nuetral it sputters and dies and takes forever to crank back up and only does after many tries. can anyone help me? thanks

ever messed with your distributor? see if its timed right for a start. then check plugs, wires, fuel filter. plugs are cheap so get those.

i replaced the fuel filter ,distributor rotor, wires and plugs and it still ran the same
i dont know what the hell is wrong with it, anyone think anything else could be wrong with it?

fast idle control valve or something like that- sounds like you might be leaning out once the car gets warm- i know some of the elders know more about this than I do- any help guys?

Back