1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idle problem

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by TechChris, Mar 14, 2004.

1. TechChris

TechChris Member

Hi

Well I got my B18C1 in my 94 Civic. It even runs. Unfortunately I have the dreaded idle problem I cannot get it to idle down lower than about 1800 without pulsating. I am pretty sure my TPS is working. If I loosen the screws and adjust it while the motor is running I can lower the idle. But like I said when it gets down to where it should be it pulsates. If I totally seal the throttle body shouldnt the engine die? If not then I probably have a vacuum leak right? Also does anyone know where I can get a vacuum hose diagram? I have a b18C1 with a Skunk2 intake.

Thanks
    Chris

2. EG6_down5hift

EG6_down5hift Junior Member

check the hose that comes off the fueld pressure regulator, that is some of the most likely cause of problems to happen, and does happen a lot.

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

did you try to set the tps properly instead of just guessing?
    .5 v closed 4.5 v wot

look in the articles i wrote something up on just this

4. TechChris

TechChris Member

Hi All

Just to update my problem. It ended up being the throttle body gasket. I checked everything else. I figured it was a vaccum leak when you tightly cover up the throttle body and it keeps on running. So for those of you with this problem. That is what is was for me. Later all

Chris

5. Tim@Canspeed.com

Tim@Canspeed.com Member

Good to know. Did you have the TB off before this prob. Just curious if it's a problem of the gasket actually rotting or if it was disturbed before.

6. TechChris

TechChris Member

No it was a swap and I put a new throttle body on. I had to order one, no one had one locally. I thought that might be the problem.

Chris

7. TechChris

TechChris Member

Hi

I just thought I would let people know what fixed my problem. Just in case they are having the same problem. Mine ended up being a throttle body gasket.

Chris

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted