IDLE PROBLEMS... HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
i put my intake mani. back on today and hooked everything back up...except i had 1 vacuum hose left over that didnt run to anything... well i started my car and my idle was jumping around at 3500-4000... they were fast idles... i checked my ecu code and it think it gave me a 10... i'm not sure...would the IAT cause the idle to do this....?? confused..everything is hooked up right..i think.. some help please :shrug2:

would that cause the idle flip out??? where do i bleed the cooling system from.??. never done it before..

your intake manifold has two nipples on the right hand side for vacuum. If one of them is open it will cause an irradic idle and an IAT code.

there is a nipple that runs to the FPR and one on the back... both are hooked up...

well...i adjusted my tach.. and its jumping idle from 2k to 2.5k...and when i pulled the plug on the iacv the idle jumped a little 1800- 2000 rpm...i am thinking i didnt torque the mani down right/ enough...would an intake mani leak cause the idle to jump around from 2- 2.5k rpm???

well fuck then.... thats the second time i did that.. i need to take this shit to a shop then to get it torqued down right...god damnit.....

no i dont have a torque wrench.. and yes i am tightening from the center out... i guess i'll just have to take it to a shop for an easy ass install...i just cant torque them dont right or somthin..

yeah without a torque wrench you are kinda SOL on that job. and if you didnt buy a new gasket when you changed it, that could cause your problem. Intake gaskets are a one time use item.

yea i bought a new one.... for the second time.. i guess i will have to invest in a torque wrench, or find one to borrow...

definitely a good investment...just remember that you get what you pay for.

you dont need a torque wrench for the intake manifold get some carb spray and start the car then spray it around the base of the intake, if the idle changes you have a leak if not you have other issues.

Back