Idle problems - jrsc gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
I am having problems getting the idle right on my car. Right now its tuned on hondata with a basemap from jackson racing. The car is running stupid rich right now. The car is idling around 1000-1200, but when I rev the car, and then let off the gas, the revs drop down to like 400-500 and seems to bog down, then rises back up. Sometimes it will just stall out. Help!

I was able to fix most of the problem by increasing the IACV duty cycle up from 25% to 75%. The car is no longer stalling out, and idles round 900. I don't think there's an air leak because its pulling almost 20 in hg of vacuum at 900 rpms. I think its running rich because 1. the wideband is telling me that, and 2. the exhaust reeks of gas. I tried leaning it out at idle with hondata, but the more fuel I took out, the more it ran like shit.

is the o2 still telling you its rich? if it is the ecu should be trying to lean it out its self. maybe youre fuel pressure is incorrect.

I suspect fuel pressure as well. Could the stock FPR go bad becuase I have a high flow fuel pump putting out alot more pressure? If so, that would explain why the car is so rich during cruising and idle.

Back