Idle problems with h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

driver1

ok im having some issues with my car not running hot enough. Fisrt of all when i start the car when it is cold it will idle up to 2500 rpm which i do beleive is to high(I think cold start idleshloud be at 1800 to 2000 if im correct). Now what happens is if i let the car idle for like a half an hr or 20 minutes anyway it will heat up to about 185 195 degrees which should be the normal operating temp i beleive. When it is at this temp it will idle right where it should at like 750 to 850 but as soon as i drive the car the temp drops to like 130 deg. to maybe 150 deg at the most, and sometimes lower than 130. Thus thwe car idles back up to like 2000 rpm again...if the temp is between 150 and 180 itll idle at like 1500. So if anyone can help, what the hellis goin on here? its getting damn annoying. anyone...

Have you tryed replacing the thermostate! Its a 3.50 part! Give that a whirl... ushually thats a sign... and also it will blow very cold air! It could be stuck open!

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 8 2003, 08:11 AM
yup already replaced it and its more like 26 bucks

Dood you must have bought the Low Temp Thermostate for that much. I only payed 2.75 for mine. If you live somewhere where it is cold all the time you may need to step up to a higher temp thermostate.

its a 190 degree thermostat but who cares about what it is and how much i paid for it, i have a new one in there and thats all that matters. Problem lies elsewhere does anyone ahve any useful info...

besides the heating of your cockpit, the thermostat should control your engine temp, not the radiator temp. It will not open up unless the car gets to the specified temperature, even if the radiator is cold. Where are you checking the temperature at? So, even if cold ass air flows through your radiator all the time, and your radiator is at 50 degrees, your car should still warm up the engine half of the system no matter what. Your heater core is also like a little radiator. If you have that guy ripping at full speed, it could lower the temp too. Especially good to know if you're overheating, but you're the other direction.

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 8 2003, 05:21 PM
no i havent but how would that result in whats going on here

if you don't bleed the coolant line than you can get an airbubble in the system. that can cause temperature spikes very easily. especially overheating.

We did bleed it when we did the swap my bad so no air bubbles no temp spikes just it wont heat up unless idling thats the only time the car will get to normal operating temp. when it gets to that temp it idles where it should and the fans kick on as well i just need to know why it wont run at the right temp

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 8 2003, 06:25 PM
its a 190 degree thermostat but who cares about what it is and how much i paid for it, i have a new one in there and thats all that matters. Problem lies elsewhere does anyone ahve any useful info...

Wow be a dick!! Your pissed cause you got ripped a new ass! Who the hell pays more than 5.00 for a thermostat! Your better off lighting your car on fire... you dont deserve it!

ummm ya and your retarded ok? My father owns a fucking used car dealership and it doesnt matter who you are, there are alot of thermostats that are more than five dollars alright, so get a fucking life and if you dont have any helpful info for the post than dont bother. Why waste your time and mine. I guess your time might not be worht anything but i value mine

have you tryed any other things or just things that have to do with the coolant system, maybe your idle is off cause of some other reason and your thermometer is reading off, it prolly is something electronic, I would take it somewhere and put in on the puter. also, i know it sounds dum but is there a good ratio of anti-freeze to water, that can fuck with temps too.

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 8 2003, 11:15 PM
ummm ya and your retarded ok? My father owns a fucking used car dealership and it doesnt matter who you are, there are alot of thermostats that are more than five dollars alright, so get a fucking life and if you dont have any helpful info for the post than dont bother. Why waste your time and mine. I guess your time might not be worht anything but i value mine

Your Dads dealership suxs... 88 celerbritys dont count! Good luck with your pos car! Maybe your flux capacitor is bad... have your dad fix it!

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back