Idle problems with sohc ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civicsiracer

I am trying to figure out what the hell is going wrong. I did a zc swap not too long ago, basically a stock 91 si replacement. Well now I am having problems with it idling, I changed the EACV, TPS, coil, got new plugs, brand new nology hotwires, fuel filter, and checked for vaccum leaks, all that did no good, I checked all my wiring to see if it was getting voltage to the sensors, they were. MAP sensor resistance was fine, Only thing is I am missing a ambient atmospheric pressure sensor or some shit like that but it ran fine without it before. Well it started out as the idle just going back and forth from 1500 rpms and dropping to 1000, pretty damn embarrasing at stop lights...Well anyways now it is very hard to get it to start, some guy tells me it flooding out thats why it dies but the only way to keep it running is to keep the rpms at at least 2000, oh and I changed the pressure regulator too so its not that. Well tell me what yall think, hopefully someone can tell me what the deal is before I have to take it to the shop. Oh yeah and I have a chipped PR4 integra ls ecu on it, actually gave me a good hp kick, you cant even keep it running with the stock ecu now, figured that may be helpful. thanks in advance whoever can help me

I don't know... it might have something to do with the cam profile in the SOHC ZC. Mine wouldn't run on a stock PM6 ECU- kept dying and didn't want to idle. The chipped PM6 that I was running used a Sebring program, and it ran the SOHC ZC very welll. It ran a bit rich, but it kept a smooth idle and it made decent power.

Well it ran fine with the PM6 ecu for a good while...I just dont know what the hell is going on with this, its got me stumped. I think that maybe I should just take it to the honda dealership and see what they have to say. I know its something to do with the fuel air mixture, is it possible for the timing to fluctuate for any reason? Now it keeps bogging down when you try to rev it or let it idle, its either getting too much fuel and not enough air or too much air and not enough fuel, I cant say. Oh and the problem seems to have gotten progressively worse it didnt just all of a sudden get to this point, which leads me to believe that its not a sensor.

Maybe your O2 sensor went to hell and it's spraying too rich to keep the engine running.

Well the damn coil burnt up again, which is a good thing it did because that led me to the problem. Obviously the dist is shorting out the coil so I am changing the distributor and the coil, Ill let yall know how it goes but I appreciate all the input

well turns out that was exactly what it was, car runs fine now with the stock ecu, but idle still surges with Integra ecu, so in other words I got ripped off on the ecu, oh well I am just glad to have the damn thing running again, thanks guys

Back