idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadelsolsi16

i have a 93 delsol swaped a 99b16a2 obd2 motor in it.ok,friend changed eveything
to obd1 and said it would work.useing gsr p72 ecu,ls dist,and the del sol wiring harness single-vtec. the motor starts and when the motor lets it self rev high enough the v-tech does pop over..heres the problem when i start it the idel is stedy at 700rpm a few seconds later it keeps jumping 700-1100rpm.it does not want to idel right the air to fuel gauge reads rich and once in a while lean,but manly rich.it will rev but then cut me off at 5000rpm most of the time.what could be the problem???

Sounds like u got a bad TPS. Check and make sure that it didn't crack or anything during the installation. I've seen people break that off many time because it's close to the firewall. BTW, any codes???

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jul 20 2003, 01:38 AM
yeah next time make sure you use a cover sheet for the TPS. Didn't you get the memo?

not to sure,what is the tps and i think i broke it and no codes at all just
check engine light stay on but no codes.starts to burn lean latey.still idels funny
and if tps how much is one and where can i find one.

Originally posted by 1_deuceracing@Jul 20 2003, 01:36 AM
Sounds like u got a bad TPS. Check and make sure that it didn't crack or anything during the installation. I've seen people break that off many time because it's close to the firewall. BTW, any codes???

not the tps its ok.what could it be

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 20 2003, 11:03 PM
pull the ecu fuse to reset the ecu

we did that already,its ok at first when we restarte it but then the
idel starts to jump again after a few seconds.

Explain to me what method of extracting codes are u using? If the CEL is lit, that usually means something is triggering it.

Back